cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Underperforming" GLITCH!!

So I think we need some clarification on what exactly constitutes a "revised underperforming listing" I've been pulling my hair out "revising" my "underperforming" listings only to have them show back up in the "underperforming" list the next day or week!!  What's going on with that!?  I'm thinking the only way to truly "revise" on of those listings is to end it and relist it to start the "clock" again.  But if that's the case it would work against ebay not allowing us to have our GTC listings to roll off in 30 day intervals.  That's what I was doing before they changed the rule.  Every month a certain amount of my oldest listings would roll off and I would revise and relist them. 

I was using the "underperforming" list as my revision list but it's not really convenient if they show back up on the list the very next day EVEN if I've changed the price and title!  What's the point of asking us to "revise" them if we do and the system isn't smart enough to know that we did!!  They show back up even if you click the "remind me in 30 days" button!  It's not a good working system.  A smart system should WORK and not be a thorn in our side making our lives worse!

If the IT department can't make these "convenient" changes work then why are you trying to get us to use them?  Is it too much to ask for you to work with us a little and not just harass us to "revise stale" listings we've already revised (especially since you've forced us to keep them up forever!).  It's like a cruel joke.  "You can't take them down in 30 days but we don't like stale listings sticking around for more than 30 days".  I'm confused and severely frustrated.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Unfortunately is seems eBay is killing itself.

So many issues, so little compassion towards sellers......

I've been active since 1999 and have managed multiple accounts - the issues have never been greater. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I pretty much ignore what Ebay considers to be underperforming.  The only suggestion they ever seem to make is "lower your price".

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Yeah, I know. I do like to refresh my listings from time to time because I have found it does work and sometimes they will sell after ebay thinks they are "new" again. I have things for sale that I had for sale over 10 years ago. With my stuff sometimes it take waiting for the right buyer. Not everyone has a 1939 Dodge Pick up truck that needs a headlight switch or some such comparison. You get my point. I'm not selling T shirts. In some instances I might be the only person on ebay that even has that particular part. So it's not that the listing is "stale" or "underperforming" it's that my buyer hasn't found it yet. I get frustrated when I revise my listings, get my "underperforming" talley down to under 500 only to have it read 999+ the very next week! Do they have any clue how long it takes to "revise" 1000 listings one at a time? When I revise one and the very next day they sneak it back on the list and I waste time clicking on it only to find that I already "revised" it the day before it gets old very fast.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

It seems ebay's insistence a listing is underperforming mainly has to do with price. They also seem to insist if an item doesn't sell in 10 seconds its underperforming as well.

What's really laughable is ebay marking my already sold listings as underperforming days or weeks later. I also noticed the majority of listings they mark as underperforming end up selling not long after and with zero changes. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply