cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Good Till Cancelled" ia ruining my sales

It is really un-fer toward small sellers. This option "Good till Cancelled" will cancel many e-bay sellers and it is not GOOD at all. The base of the e-bay being is average seller like majority of the country is a middle salary population. This action is good for professional sellers that have more than 1000 listings during one month. Is e-bay going toward this direction, to accept just professional sellers. I do not have to be professional seller. Every small seller has his own profession and e-bay until now allow us to sell stuff we inherited, we do not need, clothing, shoes, even antiques and get some money that is higher than yard sale. We are paying for this pleasure, otherwise our accounts will be closed. If I every month use my 50 free listings for relisting some of my unsold items, what is going to be with new listings or tons of unsold items accumulated during years? For the last 15 years since I have e-bay account, no one updated policy did not do harm to my sales than Good Till Cancelled. I see that you are not honoring good sellers, at least sellers with 10 years or more with 100% positive feedback deserves better treatment. If I am doing less sales, you will earn less profit, so wee will see consequences soon. Hope someone will care about our opinion.  

Message 1 of 45
latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

Re: "Good Till Cancelled" ia ruining my sales

"Now that they have made PayPal the only payment option" yet their own supplier of boxes does not accept PayPal.......

Message 31 of 45
latest reply

try running 5 day auctions with a starting bid that is your asking price or close to it. it works and it's free......

Message 32 of 45
latest reply

We're a medium sized seller and we did really well the first 30 days of the change. But then when every sellers' items began relisting our sales dropped substantially.

Message 33 of 45
latest reply

Good for you. I also hate the automatic relisting. I have to babysit my selling items everyday. Many of them I don’t have another to sell. I lost most of my free listing fees due to items I no longer have that was automatic relisted. Those used for nothing was not given back. Hope eBay listens to your complaints. You are not alone with this issue.

Message 34 of 45
latest reply

Yes I agree. Those one of a kind sold items being relisted will be a problem if another buyer orders it. It must be ended before it gets relisted again. This means babysitting sales everyday. Such a pain. Why don’t Ebay give sellers a button to turn the auto off if we don’t want it.
Message 35 of 45
latest reply

I also dislike the GTC, it makes me have to watch and spend way more time in my store trying to cancel items before 30 days up to keep from being charged for to many items..is there any chance this feature will chang3 back to regular way soon?

Message 36 of 45
latest reply

I almost opened a store several months back, glad I did not. I am not dependent on Ebay for my living , but liked the hunt and find and making a little money off it. It used to be fun. Now we have GTC and must pay comission on shipping also. I am being very picky about what I list these days. I have a local booth in a Huge Mall here and I sell there. Sales are great in booth. Please EBAY consider dropping GTC and going back to 30 days listings. I feel for the people who use Ebay for basic income as they are the ones hurt the worst. My sales are down about 60%- 70% and there is little reason   to do more under GTC. I have been using auctions but not many sales . Does EBAY ever listen to what its sellers are saying ? These sellers have been with you for years and now Ebay just slaps on more fees, GTC and whatever they can to keep more earnings. I miss the old EBAY.

Message 37 of 45
latest reply

I agree. I hope eBay goes back to the old way too. If not, at least give us a button to click that service “off” if we don’t want that service.
Message 38 of 45
latest reply

Only Time and ( Ebay Money ) will Decide in the Future If the Current ( GTC ) policy Remains !! No amount of Complaints/Opinions will change anything !! Do Whatever You Can to Keep Going !! Try and Have Fun Doing It and Don't Take Changes Personally !! Good Luck

Message 39 of 45
latest reply

@coindexter1 wrote:

try running 5 day auctions with a starting bid that is your asking price or close to it. it works and it's free......

I have had bad experiences with eBay's auctions recently non-payers and winners who cancel as soon as the auction ends. Good luck!

Good luck to ALL the small sellers out there!
Message 40 of 45
latest reply

Good luck to everyone!

Good luck to ALL the small sellers out there!
Message 41 of 45
latest reply

Yeah? Well, good luck with that, 'cause eBay definitely does NOT care about the small sellers, not in the LEAST! Ever since this 'GTC Fiasco' was implemented on March 18th, prospective buyers now have absolutely NO 'sense of urgency' to buy, anymore, since everyone's listings are now 'Good-Till-Cancelled', and seemingly 'never-ending', and buyers really have NO urgency, AT ALL, to hurry up and buy your items, before your listings run out and the items are no longer available. As for ME, my sales (I specialize in vintage red LED watches from the mid-70's) went from 3 or 4 per week, on average (and sometimes, as many as 3 to 4 in one DAY, in peak times), to very nearly ZERO sales! In fact, before I recently ended my annual-subscription, monthly eBay Store, my sales had plummeted to a mere TWO sales, in 6 1/2 weeks! Or, just about one sale, per month! So, I have simply STOPPED selling on eBay, as there just seems no point in even TRYING, anymore, nor do I even feel compelled to compose any new listings, even though I am sitting on literally thousands of dollars' worth of inventory, which would ordinarily have found new homes, by now...it's just simply not worth the effort, anymore. So, THANKS, eBay, you have succeeded in destroying MY piddling-little eBay business of 19+ years, just like you've destroyed the businesses of thousands and thousands of OTHER small-time sellers on here, the same sellers who HAD been helping this sinking ship stay afloat!  Smiley Sad

Message 42 of 45
latest reply

@earthangel57 wrote:

Yeah? Well, good luck with that, 'cause eBay definitely does NOT care about the small sellers, not in the LEAST! Ever since this 'GTC Fiasco' was implemented on March 18th, prospective buyers now have absolutely NO 'sense of urgency' to buy, anymore, since everyone's listings are now 'Good-Till-Cancelled', and seemingly 'never-ending', and buyers really have NO urgency, AT ALL, to hurry up and buy your items, before your listings run out and the items are no longer available. As for ME, my sales (I specialize in vintage red LED watches from the mid-70's) went from 3 or 4 per week, on average (and sometimes, as many as 3 to 4 in one DAY, in peak times), to very nearly ZERO sales! In fact, before I recently ended my annual-subscription, monthly eBay Store, my sales had plummeted to a mere TWO sales, in 6 1/2 weeks! Or, just about one sale, per month! So, I have simply STOPPED selling on eBay, as there just seems no point in even TRYING, anymore, nor do I even feel compelled to compose any new listings, even though I am sitting on literally thousands of dollars' worth of inventory, which would ordinarily have found new homes, by now...it's just simply not worth the effort, anymore. So, THANKS, eBay, you have succeeded in destroying MY piddling-little eBay business of 19+ years, just like you've destroyed the businesses of thousands and thousands of OTHER small-time sellers on here, the same sellers who HAD been helping this sinking ship stay afloat!  Smiley Sad

I have been around for 16 years.    I am as frustrated as you with Ebay but trying to hang in.  I use my allotment of 50 and any free promos. On the 29th day I manually end the listings.   Although it is a workaround I am willing to do this because that 30 day duration worked for me.   I enjoyed having daily sales on Ebay prior to whatever they did to ¨help¨ the sellers.   This GTC change on the Spring update was supposed to increase the visibility so that we would make more sales.   So far I do not see any increase in sales.   Now I am experiencing 2 days of nothing then 3 or 4 sales within a few hours.  I think because I sell in a niche, my items are being seen every couple of days during this time period when these sales roll in.  I never thought I would experience ¨rolling blackouts¨ but it seems like that is happening.  

I have read enough of comments where people are saying that it is slow for sellers everywhere but I have not seen as many longtime sellers complaining as loudly as they are now.   

Message 43 of 45
latest reply

Some sellers like GTC. Some sellers don’t like it. Why do the sellers who don’t like it got to have GTC anyway.

Message 44 of 45
latest reply

Me too. I am a little guy seller. I had to end 53 of my listings. Those were all free listings lost. I don’t have much left to sell now. I am sure there will be nothing sold for the rest of this month. 

Message 45 of 45
latest reply