cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Delivery estimated" and Shipping and Handling times are wrong - ?

I changed my S&H times before vacation to 10 days so I wouldn't get dinged for late shipments on items purchased..

I just changed all the listings back to 2 days shipping and handling, but the items now show "Delivery Estimated between Wed. May. 27 and Fri. May. 29 "

No wonder I have few sales lately - who wants to wait that long?

Is this a new COVID standard for everyone else?  Please check your items that you thought were priority mail delivery in 2-3 days and let me know if you see the same as above for your items!!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: "Delivery estimated" and Shipping and Handling times are wrong - ?

I just clicked a couple of random items and I see this:

Shipping:
$6.80 Expedited Shipping | See details

Item location:
Longmeadow, Massachusetts, United States

Ships to:
United States See exclusions

Delivery:

Estimated on or before Sat. May. 23 to 38868

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I haven't had problems with the estimated time of delivery,  BUT I've had actual deliveries run 6 days late on "priority mail" shipments.   I've had several run 2 or 3 days late in delivery.  The system is messed up right now.  I've had several occasions where I ask for a pick-up at my residence while trying to avoid the virus and USPS never shows up.  The result is I'm late in shipping or I drive to the post office after I get home to hopefully avoid a ding.  USPS is not getting the job done right now.  They're probably trying but with the virus and all the precautions etc. including sick staff they are falling behind.  I'm not blaming them.. I just think shipping rules need to be forgotten for a while until this gets sorted out.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@bitbeat wrote:

I changed my S&H times before vacation to 10 days so I wouldn't get dinged for late shipments on items purchased..

I just changed all the listings back to 2 days shipping and handling, but the items now show "Delivery Estimated between Wed. May. 27 and Fri. May. 29 "

No wonder I have few sales lately - who wants to wait that long?

Is this a new COVID standard for everyone else?  Please check your items that you thought were priority mail delivery in 2-3 days and let me know if you see the same as above for your items!!

Those estimates are based on several factors the biggest of which is recent history of not only your packages, but that class of shipping in general.

And since it's been taking MOST people 7-10 days to get items even if they are shipped priority I'd say that it was fairly accurate.

Now some of us are lucky and our items are getting the the buyers in 2-4 days as it always has, other sellers items are taking 3 weeks or better.

When you combine the current "history" with the fact that you just changed your handing time back from 10 days down to 2 days... it will take a few weeks for the estimated delivery times to adjust.

I hate photobucket right now... PS Answers given years ago may or may not be current now, please check with current posters to the boards to see if the information is still relevant.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thank you all for taking the time to check or respond!!!!

I usually ship same day or next and the USPS has worked well for me, so this 'estimate of delivery' was concerning to me!!!

Message 5 of 5
latest reply