cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question about Terapeak

The other day someone suggested I use Terapeak for something  I wanted to sell, unfortunately I forget what. But I sat down tonight and looked up a couple of small comic book sets. Neither came up in completed or sold. I tried a search for one of them on Terapeak which claims there were two sales in the past 7 days. Is there an obvious reason for the disparity? 

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: question about Terapeak

You'd have to let us know your exact search terms and parameters so we can help.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Do you mean you search solds through the Ebay platform and it showed two sold in the last 7 days, yet, Terapeak shows zero sold?

Terapeak has been inconsistent for over a year now, maybe longer.  

Here is something I utilize.  I signed up for Worthpoint, but not the paid services.  This allows you to search for solds; and if you see a result that sold in the last 3 years on Ebay, take that title from Worthpoint and input in Terapeak search.  

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

@pereirahawk wrote:

Do you mean you search solds through the Ebay platform and it showed two sold in the last 7 days, yet, Terapeak shows zero sold?

If that was the case it would be easily explained because sold search may show, for example, an auction listing with bids as a sale, but if the buyer does not pay it won't appear in Terapeak.

My understanding is the OP said the opposite - items appeared in Terapeak but not in sold search. To look into that, we'd need her search parameters/terms to investigate those listings.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

You can set the search for the last 2 or 3 years.

Make sure you are looking at solds as it can pull up live listings as well.

Posting ID
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Without further information, it's hard to say. but I can tell you that ebay has said that the search engine for Terapeak and for ebay are different, so it might have had something to do with the search term you used.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Sure. The search is "Burnouts 1-5". On Terapeak I selected All Categories, Last 7 Days. On ebay I just looked at Completed and Sold. Completed only brought up the category of Art and Craft Supplies with 1 result. Sold brought up 2 in that category. No comic books.

So I tried again on Terapeak, this time limiting to Collectibles. That gave me 1 sale. But below the graph it shows a Super Girl comic.

So I guess to answer my own question Terapeak didn't actually find any sales either.

Did another search this time for 90 days and none of the results were the comic books. Finally found a result from 2021 but it still wasn't 1-5. 

sorry to be ruminating on the board

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Another thing you can do is google search the title of your comic book(s) to see if it's sold through other platforms, auction houses, etc.  

If you don't have Google Lens, you should download.  With Lens, you can search the image and/or image+keyword search.  If it's sold, been posted about on forums, talked about etc, you'll find it with the aforementionsd tools+Terapeak and Worthpoint.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Burnouts 1-5

For regular sold search you'll find under "matching fewer keywords" item number 155178920378

I can find the same listing in Terapeak but it's much easier to find if you limit your results to the comics category and search: Burnouts set

Using 1-5 is very restrictive

GLORIOUS!

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

that is a great tip, thank you. 

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

I use Terrapeak to see past sales and NEVER "sold" results from the eBay filtered search.  I used to, but I'd see my own unsold, ended, listings in the results.  So wrong!!!!

Sold & Completed give lots of misleading information.  When an item is Ended by a Seller, and was unsold, it lists it in the Sold results.  Why eBay???  Why?!

If you use Sold results to price your items, you'll have unsellable prices.

You say your results were the opposite.  I haven't seen that.

Kim
Message 11 of 11
latest reply