cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

proposition 65 change set for 2018

So it has been brought to my attention by one of my manufacturer that by August 30, 2018 all of our listings must show the proposition 65 disclaimer in the listing description, at least the stuff that has that on the packageing, but proposition 65 probably is on everything so that would have to go onto all of our listings.

Has anyone else heard this? 

Message 1 of 50
latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

Re: proposition 65 change set for 2018

@autobodytoolmart

I'm in California. I found a listing with a chemical.  I've noticed that eBay adds the URL on their own.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 46 of 50
latest reply

Thank you so much! I just need to see it. I really appreciate the screen shot! 

Message 47 of 50
latest reply

Breathing in California exposes your lungs to air containing nitrogen, oxygen, hydrogen, argon, carbon dioxide, and other trace gases known in the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. Do not stay in this area longer than necessary.  For more information go to https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/products-places

Message 48 of 50
latest reply

Consuming caramel colored coke, pops, sodas can expose you to the chemical 4-methylimidazole (4-MEI), a chemical known in the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm (if you consume at least 1000 sodas each day).

Please limit your soda consumption to less than 1000 per day, or exit California and enjoy your coke, pop or soda.

For more information go to https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/fact-sheets/foods-and-beverages-restaurants-and-other-food-facilities.

Message 49 of 50
latest reply

Old post I know but:

After calling the Prop 65 information line provided by the State of California, the "manager" who would not give his name gave us specific information regarding the often cited exemption of "businesses with fewer than 10 employees". While he was short and would not give much further information than to recite the codes, he did say that all businesses "within the chain of commerce" of the product would counted "cumulatively". To me, this means even if I'm selling a used product that was originally produced or distributed by a company with more than 10 employees, I could be held liable. Their "Prop 65 in plain language" .gov webpage has no mention of this but when reading the laws is what led me to request clarification. I just wanted to share in the event you're inadvertently giving people a loophole that does not actually work and opens then to potential business penalties and loss.

Message 50 of 50
latest reply