cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

offers

How come eBay lets buyers make offers and then allows them to sit on their offer that you've accepted with no intention of purchasing the item tying it up for days?

Excuse me, but that's called interfering with commerce which is illegal. eBay; I will be sending you an invoice for a 20% restocking fee. You will pay it or be reported to the Federal Trade Commission for eCommerce interference.

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: offers

They have 4 days to pay.

Please let us all know if ebay pays that bill -or- if it scares them on to changing the 4 day policy. 

Undone - Bachman & Cummings

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

They have 4 days to pay.

Please let us all know if ebay pays that bill -or- if it scares them on to changing the 4 day policy. 

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Looks  like  YOU selected the Best Offer option for your  listings.  You had/have the option to select Immediate Payment Required on a  Fixed price listing - this option  has been around a long while - like 9 years or so.  Re: See  Link below

How  can someone  restock something that someone never shipped and then charge a restocking fee????  Sounds  like a SCAM to me.

BTW - You  haven't contacted eBay and it is  very unlikely  your  post will be read by eBay management.  See this a community board  for  eBay buyers & sellers operated by Koros under the direction of eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/creating-managing-listings/immediate-payment-works?id=415...

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 3 of 18
latest reply

@stackers_xag wrote:

Excuse me, but that's called interfering with commerce which is illegal. eBay; I will be sending you an invoice for a 20% restocking fee. You will pay it or be reported to the Federal Trade Commission for eCommerce interference.

Uh, there is nothing illegal going on here, just human nature on display.  But I am sure that invoice will cause gales of laughter from Ebay staff as will that report to the FTC.  You have less than a leg to stand on.  But you have brightened up my morning.

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

hahahaha!! good one!

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

it should scare them, ebay is also losing money. How many times do we have to address this and how ridiculous this 4 day nonsense is????  

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

@stackers_xag wrote:

How come eBay lets buyers make offers and then allows them to sit on their offer that you've accepted with no intention of purchasing the item tying it up for days?

@stackers_xag 

Instead of sending the invoice, why not wait until the buyer pays to pull the item from your inventory? Restocking fee... 🙄

If the buyer waits more than 96 hours, remember to cancel the order citing 'Buyer didn't pay'. Good luck and good golly...

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

eBay claims to be gradually rolling out a system which requires buyers to submit payment information along with their offer, so they are charged immediately if he offer is accepted.

Us old-timers remember when the process for closing out an unpaid transaction took 2 steps and 14 days, so our perspective on a 1-step 4-day process is more mellow.

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

@stackers_xag wrote:

I will be sending you an invoice for a 20% restocking fee. You will pay it or be reported to the Federal Trade Commission for eCommerce interference.

Let us know how that goes.

Have a great day
Message 9 of 18
latest reply

It's called being a smart alec. I sold the item to my neighbors friend anyway. No fees!

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

@stackers_xag wrote:

It's called being a smart alec. I sold the item to my neighbors friend anyway. No fees!

@stackers_xag 

Well, that ^^^ is certainly an interesting post to add to this thread. I'd not have admitted fee avoidance, but that's just me...

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

@stackers_xag wrote:

Whats going to happen if the buyer pays?

Have a great day
Message 12 of 18
latest reply

I wasn't avoiding any fees. If I own something and somebody wants to pay me cash face to face why should I pay fees to eBay!? That's stupid.

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

@luxgoods wrote:

it should scare them, ebay is also losing money. How many times do we have to address this and how ridiculous this 4 day nonsense is????  

If you think it's ridiculous, then don't enable Best Offer. Problem solved.

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

So the letter to the FTC is off, then.  Well, that's a time saver at any rate.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 15 of 18
latest reply