cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

% off total or % off x spend and why?

Curious what other sellers think is better- using a % off total order or % of orders of x and whay?

Thanks!

S_T

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: % off total or % off x spend and why?

Like to help out I do not have a clue what you are asking.

" % of orders of x " - huh?

Could you be a bit less cryptic?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

If I'm reading it correctly, I think they mean is it better to offer a percentage off of a purchase of lets say 2 items, 10 percent of, 3 items 15% etc, vs. just running a discount of 10% off storewide on all items.

In my field of sales, it works best for me to run percentage off storewide, I sell used auto parts and a vast majority of my customers are just looking to replace the broken or failed item. But in the instance of clothing or toys, I could see the benefits of offering a discount on a purchase of multiple items in one transaction.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

OP correct me if I'm wrong.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@randysauto01 wrote:

If I'm reading it correctly, I think they mean is it better to offer a percentage off of a purchase of lets say 2 items, 10 percent of, 3 items 15% etc, vs. just running a discount of 10% off storewide on all items.

In my field of sales, it works best for me to run percentage off storewide, I sell used auto parts and a vast majority of my customers are just looking to replace the broken or failed item. But in the instance of clothing or toys, I could see the benefits of offering a discount on a purchase of multiple items in one transaction.

Agreed - % off selected items in Store has always worked better for us vs quantity discounts.

Concur, it is hard to discern OP's question.....

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 5 of 5
latest reply