cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

notes from the seller

Could you please tell me where can I find  'notes from seller' when I create a listing?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: notes from the seller

The Seller Notes is the same as Condition, but that is only used when you declare the item is used. New items do not get a Condition box.

Be careful when writing in the Condition box because eBay now adds the Seller Notes (Condition) to the Item Specifics in the right-hand column, and it can get truncated if the notes are too long. If you find that happening, consider adding some of the writing to your description.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Sorry but why would you need to add notes from the seller? Unless the listing is too close to ending and the description can't be changed or updated, isn't that what the description is for?

Or am I missing something? 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Maybe they mean the way ebay now takes what you put in the condition box when listing and shows it as seller notes in the IS?

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Thanks, maybe so. 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

The Seller Notes is the same as Condition, but that is only used when you declare the item is used. New items do not get a Condition box.

Be careful when writing in the Condition box because eBay now adds the Seller Notes (Condition) to the Item Specifics in the right-hand column, and it can get truncated if the notes are too long. If you find that happening, consider adding some of the writing to your description.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

When you're creating a listing there shouldn't be any notes yet.

You create the listing THEN leave notes pertaining to the item.

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

My question is about notes from the seller about item condition  only for used condition.

When item is used it could be different item condition for example 'slightly used' etc.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Thank you so much!

Message 8 of 8
latest reply