cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new user agreement effective aug 30 2019, released via ebay msg sept 13th 2019, 14-day acceptance

so we only get one day to read and accept the new user agreement?

doug@ebay 

brian@ebay 

@Anonymous 

what gives?  is this really what sellers can expect from ebay now and going forward, 1 day?  the new agreement doesn't even give a list of effective changes or annotate/highlight the new changes in any way or fashion.  so we are supposed to do word by word comparisons?  does ebay even have career professionals who know how to promulgate changes effectively and clearly?  what exactly are the parts that changed?

this is just a mass dump of something …. not sure what because in and of itself it does not clearly delineate what the changes are, it only provides a final document that does not say what was changed ...

… in your response could you please give an overview of the concise changes as they should be? once sellers read them, they can re-read the complete user agreement and have full understanding … thereby making a fully informed decision regarding the same.  … oh, and can you clarify why you are only giving sellers 1 day to do all of this?

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: new user agreement effective aug 30 2019, released via ebay msg sept 13th 2019, 14-day acceptanc

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dasarock wrote:

doug@ebay 

brian@ebay 

@Anonymous 

what gives?  is this really what sellers can expect from ebay now and going forward, 1 day?  the new agreement doesn't even give a list of effective changes or annotate/highlight the new changes in any way or fashion.  so we are supposed to do word by word comparisons?  does ebay even have career professionals who know how to promulgate changes effectively and clearly?  what exactly are the parts that changed?

this is just a mass dump of something …. not sure what because in and of itself it does not clearly delineate what the changes are, it only provides a final document that does not say what was changed ...

… in your response could you please give an overview of the concise changes as they should be? once sellers read them, they can re-read the complete user agreement and have full understanding … thereby making a fully informed decision regarding the same.  … oh, and can you clarify why you are only giving sellers 1 day to do all of this?

Hi @dasarock, I am able to confirm eBay is obligated by law to collect and remit sales tax to certain states and foreign jurisdictions. It is anticipated that additional states and jurisdictions will continue to adopt similar laws. We regularly review the user agreement and have updated our sales tax collection provisions within the user agreement to adapt to the changing landscape & mechanics related to collecting and remitting internet sales tax.

While I have no additional information to provide at this time, I've passed along your specific concerns to the appropriate team and we communicate any further updates when they are available.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: new user agreement effective aug 30 2019, released via ebay msg sept 13th 2019, 14-day acceptanc

@dasarock 

Hi, your same comment was one of the first replies on the Updates thread dated 9/4 about highlighting current changes (and specific changes never dated). And no response given on the Updates thread. I got the same as you did in my messages. Agreement as of August 30, received September 13.

I ain't got the brains to make this up (Fantastic Beasts)
Message 2 of 28
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dasarock wrote:

doug@ebay 

brian@ebay 

@Anonymous 

Hi @dasarock, I am able to confirm eBay is obligated by law to collect and remit sales tax to certain states and foreign jurisdictions. It is anticipated that additional states and jurisdictions will continue to adopt similar laws. We regularly review the user agreement and have updated our sales tax collection provisions within the user agreement to adapt to the changing landscape & mechanics related to collecting and remitting internet sales tax.

While I have no additional information to provide at this time, I've passed along your specific concerns to the appropriate team and we communicate any further updates when they are available.

Message 3 of 28
latest reply

@Anonymous 

thank you, if those are the only changes it will tell me and others which particular sections of new user agreement to concentrate on.  although I do recommend each seller read the entire agreement again in full also

Message 4 of 28
latest reply

@abfabvintage wrote:

@dasarock 

Hi, your same comment was one of the first replies on the Updates thread dated 9/4 about highlighting current changes (and specific changes never dated). And no response given on the Updates thread. I got the same as you did in my messages. Agreement as of August 30, received September 13.

I just got this email today, September 14, at 5:37 am. It only came to my email and was never in my ebay messages account here.

Message 5 of 28
latest reply

@readabouthorses wrote:

@abfabvintage wrote:

@dasarock 

I just got this email today, September 14, at 5:37 am. It only came to my email and was never in my ebay messages account here.

Mine came to my selling account(s) emails on 9/6.  My messages gave no acceptance time frame. From what I see it was already effective by that time.

user agreement  3.jpguser agreement  2.jpg

Message 6 of 28
latest reply

yes, it was effective 30aug.  however you have 14 days to accept it or close out.  not sure which ebay page I read that on tho … think it was the user agreement itself... will look

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

@readabouthorses wrote:

@abfabvintage wrote:

@dasarock 

Mine came to my selling account(s) emails on 9/6.  My messages gave no acceptance time frame. From what I see it was already effective by that time.

user agreement  3.jpguser agreement  2.jpg

Message 7 of 28
latest reply

Just got one to the email of my buying account that came in today (September 14) at 1:05 pm.

I still have a couple accounts that have not received it at all.

Message 8 of 28
latest reply

same here, my other acct, $5 store, has not received anything yet either

@readabouthorses 

Message 9 of 28
latest reply

Im so sad I do not know what's the new agreement, may be because of that , ebay not let me relist or list my item, to much rules it's hard to me to understand, I just like ebay like before everything is easy. Now even paypal give me hard time to transfer my money via check, so confuse , and don't know what to do. 😞

Message 10 of 28
latest reply

@theleenapida 

link:  https://mesg.ebay.com/mesgweb/ViewMessageDetail/0/All/116436862801

brian said that the changes in this part are in the MARKET PLACE FACILITATOR TAXES in a post above

…. today is the 14day review/decision day where you either accept it or close (to my understanding)

Message 11 of 28
latest reply

quoted from brian's reply  (i.e. cut and pasted)

Message 12 of 28
latest reply

thank you, but  try to see the agreement I do not find it, do we have to accept it or no. 🙂 and if not accepting what's happen , I hope ebay forgive me for not know about the rules hahahha

Message 13 of 28
latest reply

my understanding is that if you do not close all listings and close any store you automatically accept it.  am thinking you may need to contact customer service for procedures to close a store re non-agreement with user agreement.  maybe someone else knows more...  but if you do not agree then it needs to be closed before midnight in your time zone

@theleenapida 

Message 14 of 28
latest reply

My notice came via email today —with nothing in my ebay messages either. I find that ridiculous for a policy that went into effect 2 weeks ago.

I’m not sure I understand re the sales tax issue. Previously eBay collected those mommies as a part of the sale and I had to do nothing except for Maryland, where I live. 

Is this changing? Will the amount of sales tax collected be accrued to me as part of the sale upon which I pay the FVF? And then eBay will charge me for it on my invoice? 

Can someone please explain?

Message 15 of 28
latest reply