cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new too selling

hello everybody i've been buying for couple years and now i'm starting to sell why not.

the question i have or will get to in a minute.

i only sell what i can ship in an envolope for now,but is it a good idea or bad. i only use stamps no need for print out labels but also no tracking #'s either. i always send a message saying it will go or is shipped and thank you for your buisness. 

all feed back is welcome good/bad/and the ugly

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: new too selling

Without tracking, a buyer can say she never received it and you would have to refund her.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

If you source your merchandise cheaply enough that you can sell it that way and it won't get damaged, then go for it. Just remember to open a paypal micro account so that you get lower fees. Just do the math...

With PayPal Micropayments you'll pay 5 percent plus 5 cents per transaction (for U.S. accounts) versus 2.9 percent plus 30 cents per transaction at the usual PayPal rate.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I would always advise any seller to use tracking, It proves delivery, and this is the fastest way for new sellers to get their funds, about 3 days after tracking shows delivery. Not sure what you're selling to fit in an envelope, using stamps, but you might want to look into selling other things too. These Answer boards can be your best friend, many here ready & willing to help you get started. Good Luck to you and Welcome to eBay.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@moviefanatic1981 wrote:

hello everybody i've been buying for couple years and now i'm starting to sell why not.

the question i have or will get to in a minute.

i only sell what i can ship in an envolope for now,but is it a good idea or bad. i only use stamps no need for print out labels but also no tracking #'s either. i always send a message saying it will go or is shipped and thank you for your buisness. 

all feed back is welcome good/bad/and the ugly

As stated, if you feel comfortable about sending items without tracking then by all means. Be prepared to lose some cases for claims of non-delivery. I only use tracking if they upgrade shipping and I've had 1 claim of INR (today actually). I refunded immediately, as I can't fight it.

And just for the record, it's 'knife' not 'knive' it doesn't become 'knive' until the 's' is added to make it plural. No one is going to search for a knive.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply