cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new listing format

I am   alone  or has anyone noticed that ebay new selling format is "very very  time consumming  ,and difficult to use"  ,,,,I don't mind if they add video   that's  fine  ,

But  its was too  long with too amny  irrelevent options and a lot of unnessary drop down menus  ,,,Way to much  infrmation to fill out  ,,,even the shipping options are a   PAIN,,to use ,,I strongly  suggest you keep the old format  for all these reasons   or at the very least allow sellers to use the old format  ,,,,,,Unless you make the new  format simple  like the classic format of selling ,,You will lose a lot of sellers ,,,,  Is there anyone out there that agrees with me   ,,,

Message 1 of 40
latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

new listing format

Yes, people have noticed.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 2 of 40
latest reply

new listing format

@chapeau-noir wrote:

Yes, people have noticed.

How do you do that? ^^^^ Link thingy to all posts......

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 3 of 40
latest reply

new listing format

@downunder-61 

I did a very brief general search on the forums and then just used the little link icon (next to the movie camera icon) to hyperlink the results - it's the same as the a ref HTML that creates hyperlinks but a shortcut.

ETA:  I was listing today with the new format.  I prefer the old format (save the photos do load quicker in the new version) but having used it for a couple of days, it took me no more than 5 minutes per listing, I think one I did in less than 5 minutes.  Granted, I use templates and can rattle off descriptions in my sleep, but I've adapted (it's so much better than it was).  I only do simple listings so can't answer for multi variations people, etc.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 4 of 40
latest reply

new listing format

No, you are not alone. Each update ebay does results in more work for sellers and no gain in return. Ebay does not seem to realize that they are cutting in their own flesh. Sellers should be using their time to give buyers the best possible service and make them happy and returning customers. Instead of that sellers are forced to dedicate more and more time in an ever increasing and ridiculously complicated system, time which they can no longer invest in their service, their buyers and getting better products on ebay. The result is that both sellers and buyers are leaving ebay, just look at their quarterly reports. They may have higher earnings due to the managed payments sytem but that effect will not last long, any gain being erased by more and more users leaving ebay. 

Message 5 of 40
latest reply

new listing format

@chapeau-noir Thank you

Message 6 of 40
latest reply

new listing format

Just tried it - awesome - deleted link here

Message 7 of 40
latest reply

new listing format

I agree completely. After trying the new listing format, I couldn't switch back to the old format fast enough. The drop down menus are a pain, incredibly time consuming.  I think they tried to make it app friendly and completely ruined it.  Going from this page to that page as opposed to having everything on one page is absolutely impossible. I think it takes at least 3 times more time to list something and there is a greater chance that you will miss something or get something wrong in all of these different pages that you have to navigate.  I seriously hope they will continue to make significant changes and definitely get rid of the idea that the listing page is not all one page but multiple pages that open up.  

People don't realize that you have to put the correct information in your listings. For example if the product you are selling is a teal color and you put blue, a buyer can have a valid item not as described claim if they want to return something. That's why with these many categories of information it's better not to fill out something if you are not sure rather than fill it out wrong. For example if you are selling makeup, is the color champagne or cream? In most cases manufacturers don't provide the kind of detailed information that ebay has in all of these categories of description that they are adding and making mandatory.  I don't think honestly that these categories make much difference in sales numbers, certainly not against the time you have to invest in filling them out. Yes some basic stuff is obviously helpful but when you are looking at 10 different categories, at least 6 of those 10 don't make much difference.

Message 8 of 40
latest reply

new listing format

Its slower listing with it on a computer for sure it feels like more clicks and it seems to hang a lot when its thinking. The classic one was much faster.

Message 9 of 40
latest reply

new listing format

"or at the very least allow sellers to use the old format"

THIS PLEASE.

Message 10 of 40
latest reply

new listing format

My buddy has been forced into it and has been telling me to try it and see how bad it is. It is beyond bad.

Ebay is a great concept, but the platform is being ruined everytime they mess with something, the listing tool was fine, leave it alone.

The search is horrible work on it, no, instead we fouled up the listing tool! Makes no sense.   

Message 11 of 40
latest reply

new listing format

Agree, but I've already been told by CSR,  the new format is working as intended, get used to it, and the classic version will be eliminated once everyone is in.

That being said the agents are pretty much in agreement that is is bad.

Message 12 of 40
latest reply

new listing format

The new listing format is a total step backwards.  If more listings = more sales = more profits for eBay, I have no clue what they were thinking.  It is taking me much longer to put together listings than before.  If it takes me 25% longer (as just a ball park number) think of how many few listings will appear on the site on a weekly basis.  Did anyone even think to run a basic efficiency calculation?

Message 13 of 40
latest reply

new listing format

It takes YOU 25% more time, not the publicly traded company.

Message 14 of 40
latest reply

new listing format

I tried it again last night to doe a simple revision and relist- Had to call customer support and it took us 20 minutes to figure out hour to switch to flat rate shipping. it was hidden under 3 layers of popup boxes- so stupid. A 20 year seller and a merchant support agent could barely figure out the most basic function of a listing tool. I dont know how a first time lister would even compete one listing without leaving the site. BTW- after figuring it out, the stupid app was broken and every time i changed it to flat rate with standard shipping option, it would just dump all info out of the form and have to start over.... not to worry the 2nd agent started a ticket.   So ebay- 1.5 hours to relist and item that was requested from a buyer, and could not get it done. bad seller experience and bad buyer experience and lost sale. thanks for your help- all you have to do is give us access to the tool that works until you figure this out........

Message 15 of 40
latest reply