cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new listing experience???? Oh no!!!!!!!

Got this banner today... 

"A new listing experience is almost here!
Enjoy new features like video uploads, new photo editing tools, and more. You’ll soon see this as your new way to list.Learn more"
I fear the worst.
Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

It is a new listing form.  They have been testing it for quite a while.  There are some sellers that have been using it for awhile.  I'm not one of them.  The new form does apparently take some getting use to and there have been issues, but that is why they release things in a limited form usually, to find the issues.  Hopefully by the time it is for everyone, most or all of the issues will be fixed.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 2 of 19
latest reply

late to the party

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 3 of 19
latest reply

Who's late?  The banner just appeared today for the OP.  They are doing what they need to do which is ask questions.

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

@nuclearomen wrote:

late to the party

"Today" is not late

he/him/guy/dude...you get the picture
Message 5 of 19
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

Who's late?  The banner just appeared today for the OP.  They are doing what they need to do which is ask questions.

jesh, everytime you reply to something I write...it's like talking to a robot. "late" means, many have had it for months now, including me, and then there are many who opted out of it while ago. 

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

@gkn29 wrote:

@nuclearomen wrote:

late to the party

"Today" is not late

yes it is, when most everyone has had it for quite some time. I think they full released at last seller update or just before is when i got it. 

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

@nuclearomen wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

jesh, everytime you reply to something I write...it's like talking to a robot. "late" means, many have had it for months now, including me, and then there are many who opted out of it while ago. 

And many have not.  The new Listing tool is not yet site wide.  Some sellers are using it and some are not.  At some point it will become mandatory but as of now it is not.  This is new to the OP, so they are here to gather some information.

Ebay often phase things in.  Similar to what they did with Managed Payments which cause the same questions to be asked by different sellers for over a two year period.

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

understand / aware of that. The are many older threads on the community on the new listing tool is what I meant as "late"...in any case, the new tool isn't hard to use, it's problem is that it doesn't take to templates well for some item specifics so you have to manually fill them in in some areas even though your template already has it filled out. The other thing is they changed the description fields a bit and HTML is little weird. I used it for like 2 months, opted out and found sales dropped when i did, opted back in idk...2 weeks ago or maybe less now and sales are coming back... though doubt tool was the cause. 

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

My bookstore account was forced into the new listing format back in May with no way to opt out.  I have not created a new listing using it since - my sales on that account are almost non-existent and over 80% of my listings get 0 views in 30 days, and I'm lucky to get one sale every 2-3 weeks.  I have slowly started to move my listings elsewhere and will have closed that account by year's end.   Should my other accounts be forced into this dysfunctional and time consuming listing format - they will suffer the same fate.    I'm too old for all this constant adjusting busywork resulting in fewer sales. 

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

@kathieskorner wrote:

My bookstore account was forced into the new listing format back in May with no way to opt out.  I have not created a new listing using it since - my sales on that account are almost non-existent and over 80% of my listings get 0 views in 30 days, and I'm lucky to get one sale every 2-3 weeks.  I have slowly started to move my listings elsewhere and will have closed that account by year's end.   Should my other accounts be forced into this dysfunctional and time consuming listing format - they will suffer the same fate.    I'm too old for all this constant adjusting busywork resulting in fewer sales. 

should have the opt out link option at the top of the new listing tool. I don't understand why you just would not list anything though... the new tool isn't that hard to use if use templates, and you do need to edit templates for the new tool. There are, like said some fields in specifics that the new tool ignores you template answer but if that is true for all categories or just vinyl records idk. Took me approx 3-4 min to list with the old tool, it takes me approx 3-4 min to list with the new tool... but I'm use to it, took me longer when first got it. 

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

@nuclearomen wrote:

understand / aware of that. The are many older threads on the community on the new listing tool is what I meant as "late"...in any case, the new tool isn't hard to use, it's problem is that it doesn't take to templates well for some item specifics so you have to manually fill them in in some areas even though your template already has it filled out. The other thing is they changed the description fields a bit and HTML is little weird. I used it for like 2 months, opted out and found sales dropped when i did, opted back in idk...2 weeks ago or maybe less now and sales are coming back... though doubt tool was the cause. 

Well then I don't understand why you would post that the OP is "late" with their questions.  Whether or not the new listing tool is hard or easy to use was not something this thread was about.  

The use of the new listing tool does not increase your sales nor does opting out of it decrease your sales.

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

I've been chugging along with this new listing tool for a while - I liked the previous 'new' listing tool better - this one they tried to make it closer to the classic listing tool and all they did was goober it up.  It's usable, and if they just improve the jumping page and the funky shipping that would be great.

Adapting to either was not particularly difficult, just somewhat annoying and one might use one's most eloquent cuss words until you find where everything is, and I had a problem with the shipping section due to my templates.  They could have done a better job of introducing it.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 13 of 19
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@nuclearomen wrote:

Well then I don't understand why you would post that the OP is "late" with their questions.  Whether or not the new listing tool is hard or easy to use was not something this thread was about.  

The use of the new listing tool does not increase your sales nor does opting out of it decrease your sales.

sure it was , the the OP did say "I fear the worst" and nothing specific as to what that means, that leaves threads purpose open for anything. 

matter of opinion actually...there has been several things that question that, specifically how those listings have been appearing with descriptions all weird and out of order, and it happens on all browsers and devices. No one is going to purchase when they can't read descriptions. On PC it's a matter of just refresh but on other devices refresh doesn't always correct it. 

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

"new listing experience???? Oh no!!!!!!!"

I'm afraid of getting stuck in a vortex and will wait until the kinks are worked out to try it. 

Message 15 of 19
latest reply