cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new buyer scam?

hello,

i have sold and shipped an item to a new buyer but i am worried because i realised they recently opened their ebay account they seem to always be online and after i googled their shipping address seems like it is a forwarding service address. do you think i am going to be scammed? it is an expensive item. but i did get a paypal payment i just had a very bad experience months ago and hadnt listed since then so now i am constantly worried and on how to be protected.however i might be going crazy 

p.s every time i list an item i get someone from nigeria or some place trying to scam me 

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: new buyer scam?

Is the money in your PayPal account ??

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

yes they are but till they received it they are on hold because i don't have a big selling history
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

What was the item and how much are they holding ?

At least the money is in PayPal, some sellers ship on a fake email notice.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

hello yes the money are in my PayPal account and PayPal is holding it till the transaction goes well due to my "new" seller status. it around 1000usd for a chanel bag
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Here is the quick answer. If you use SIGNATURE REQUIRED REGISTERED MAIL you will not lose a penny. I have never lost a penny to a scammer ever. For that amount you need SIGNATURE... If the person is not honest you just lost your bag. Nothing more and nothing less...

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Where was it shipped from and to ?

Was there tracking ?

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

yes there is tracking why are you asking me?
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Tracking is not good enough for Ebay or PayPal for $1,000.  You need signature.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

yes there is signature it is registered mail i think upon receipt but that doesnt answer my question

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Correct.  Signature delivery is required!  OP has been paid, and it is time to ship the item to the address on the PayPal payment.  OP does need a signature for the delivery, but the freight forwarders are accustomed to that anyway - it's nothing unusual. Sellers cannot unilaterally cancel transactions.

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

I ship all over the world , If there is signature it does not matter what address it is going to. Worst thing that might happen is that you get the item back if the person does NOT sign for it. I ship to Japan and I do not worry about the address. Just because the person has 0 feedback does not make them a scammer.  The only scam there is, is that the person sends you back an empty box as a return. Selling is a gamble on the internet. I sold $10,000 to a German Guy in Records. but one unit at a time. It is a gamble , SIGNATURE REQUIRED ALWAYS. 

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

If you have been paid, no worries to you...

Message 13 of 13
latest reply