cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my sales are way off. is anyone else experiencing this? I've lowered prices ect .im not too worried

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: my sales are way off. is anyone else experiencing this? I've lowered prices ect .im not too worr

Everyone is in the same boat on the usa ebay site low sales. Float some listings onto ebay UK I find people are buying there.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: my sales are way off. is anyone else experiencing this? I've lowered prices ect .im not too worr

Yes. There are some major issues going on. I've made about $1,000 a week consistently for 3 year here. The lowest is goes is maybe $900....this past week has dropped to $400 for the week.

I have 1,300 items for sale and sold 1 yesterday. The day before was about the same thing.

This time last year was a consistent $7,000 a month. Now I'm looking at around $3,000.

Soemthing is definitely off.
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Everyone is in the same boat on the usa ebay site low sales. Float some listings onto ebay UK I find people are buying there.
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

yes it seems june has slowed, but sure it may be just people are buying what they need....not so much of the good stuff ...like mine. lol

BUT I did see the new commercials on T.V. last few days....and I don't think Ebay was going to drive anyone to my stuff....seem to have a way different feel to the ads....and I'm not saying they can't do as they think, BUT I guess I wasn't impressed by the color and prettiness of it....and what they showed seemed to be NEW , no real "feel" towards what ebay is to the smaller sellers... 

just one man's opionion. 

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

I just bought something. I can't help myself. I collect vintage tablecloths. I tried to stop myself but couldn't....it's an addiction! 

Now will this guilt make me list more today? Maybe. 🙂 

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

lets keep on keeping on retail can be very volatile .Im fairly new June 2015 but had a bangup 1st year and half. then i went on vacation actually i was sick .but it never seemed to bounce back ??? but I'm Keeping the faith ,and considering global shipping???but i sell so much glass ? i don't know if thats a good idea?????? do you?
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

i think you should keep on listing and stay positive and connected to ebay sellers ,i already feel more optimistic THANK YOU

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

YW.....

downside is that it was too cheap to resist. 

I sell a lot of the things you do....I know it's extra work but I would try to ID all silverplate and crystal patterns, buyers search by their pattern name more often than not. I've also adjusted prices downward-on some things--look at solds to price a lot of items, I know it is sombering to do so this time of year. But you know what is truly rare and what is more commonplace than we want to admit when listing with optimistic pricing. You have some very nice things and those that are truly rare I'd leave expensive and adjust some of the more common down a bit. This time of year unless it is super rare it's a garage sale here...but don't let that discourage you from listing! 

I have had to take a second look at items that have been listed for a long time though, and adjust pricing downward on those unless like I said, very rare and/or coveted. You know what you've had on ebay for a year or more, look at the views and watchers, if they aren't there then something must change, and it's probably the price. 

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

lets hope it turns around again thank you for your reply

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

@honestabe411 wrote:
Yes. There are some major issues going on. I've made about $1,000 a week consistently for 3 year here. The lowest is goes is maybe $900....this past week has dropped to $400 for the week.

I have 1,300 items for sale and sold 1 yesterday. The day before was about the same thing.

This time last year was a consistent $7,000 a month. Now I'm looking at around $3,000.

Soemthing is definitely off.

Have you read this thread/post:  

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

@pingpong517 wrote:

yes it seems june has slowed, but sure it may be just people are buying what they need....not so much of the good stuff ...like mine. lol

BUT I did see the new commercials on T.V. last few days....and I don't think Ebay was going to drive anyone to my stuff....seem to have a way different feel to the ads....and I'm not saying they can't do as they think, BUT I guess I wasn't impressed by the color and prettiness of it....and what they showed seemed to be NEW , no real "feel" towards what ebay is to the smaller sellers... 

just one man's opionion. 

Funny, I saw the commercial for the first time on tv las night while watching "long lost family" on TLC.  (I had only saw it online previously).  The music and images caught my attention and thought it was a good ad if promoting NEW products. It seemed clear they are trying to move away from their old image of the place to find pre-owned and vintage collectibles, etc.  I thought where exactly does that leave me? (I sell pre-owned name brand children's clothes predominately).  Despite, I felt it was good ad for what they are trying to achieve (nwt) -- they have a lot of competitors in that arena though.

Happy 2018! May this upcoming year be a prosperous one!
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

yep the same for me and my husband too i just turned in "on" wow thank you so much!!
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Join the ever growing crowd.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply