cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my listings have disappeared

Why are my listings disappearing, I have at least 4 =5 listings a month disappearring. 

I don't notice it right away or sometimes it may take a month, then when they don't come

on my unsold items I start looking. I had a Givency necklace disapper a couple of days 

after I listed it, a rug worth 400.00 disapear I didn't notice it for 2 months because 

I was selling it for a friend, thay called and asked it there were any watcher.

This disappearing act has been going on for months. I have to go through all my stock

and find that over 150 items had disapeared over the last few months. I have about 300 

items listed and always adding new ones. When I call Ebay no one seems to want to listen

and act like I don't know what I'm doing that I'm crazy and don't know what I'm talking about.

So I don't call any longer. Most that work at Ebay don't seem to know much at all.

Anyone else having this problem /??

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: my listings have disappeared

How long have they been listed?  A program was started a few months back to cull stale listings.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Do you use GTC (Good til Cancelled) listings? If so, how long have they been listed? eBay is now removing listings that have been up for 12+ months without a sale.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

The same thing has happened to me.  It took me a while to figure it out.  My "good til ended" listings were disappearing.  I would find them in the "unsold" section - where i almost never look. 

When the listings expire, they would normally get re-listed automatically. That was not happening.  They were just ending.  The reason they were not automatically re-listing is because of missing information in the listing. Information i never used to use before is all of a sudden required.  Stuff like "UPC" i would normally leave blank, now it requires "does not apply".  "ISBN" I would normally leave blank, now it requires "does not apply".  Once you fix these things, it will let you re-list the item. FYI you're going to lose watchers and sale history.

I hope this work for you.  Good luck!

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

wrote:

Do you use GTC (Good til Cancelled) listings? If so, how long have they been listed? eBay is now removing listings that have been up for 12+ months without a sale.

Do you know this for a fact?  I know of a seller on eBay whose oldest listing is 14 years old. He has over 8,000 listings and the mid point listings are 5 years old. Ebay is not removing his listings.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

OP, do you have an item # for the Givenchy necklace?  You can find it on your invoice details.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

wrote:

wrote:

Do you know this for a fact?  I know of a seller on eBay whose oldest listing is 14 years old. He has over 8,000 listings and the mid point listings are 5 years old. Ebay is not removing his listings.

@thevintagesilvershop

Yep.  They've been doing it since last summer.  There are beaucoup old threads about it in this forum.  You can search for them if you need more info/proof but here's one:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Why-are-my-good-til-cancelled-items-ending/m-p/26931928#M95513...

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

wrote:

wrote:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/eBay-Listing-Spring-Cleaning/ba-p/27039412

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

@thevintagesilvershop

Yep.  They've been doing it since last summer.  There are beaucoup old threads about it in this forum.  You can search for them if you need more info/proof but here's one:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Why-are-my-good-til-cancelled-items-ending/m-p/26931928#M95513...

I wonder why the seller I watch is allowed to have so many old listings. 

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

I am in the midst of a huge project to resurrect items that the ebay system has dropped. Some are older, some are newish, and none is GTC. I have a large inventory that I list on a rotating basis. When I began to see that other sellers were selling items identical to mine (I am in a small, niche, collectibles category), I wondered why my competitively priced items were overlooked. It was because they were no longer there! Several years ago, i found that more than fifty of my best items had been deleted, and I spent a day and a night relisting from scratch. Whatever the glitch is, it has gotten worse. Others have complained of this lately. Conversely, the ebay system is failing to remove items from my "active" file following a sale. This is not as pervasive as the dropped-item dilemma, but it has led to complaints and recrimination from disappointed buyers. And, no, ebay CSRs don't deal with this and probably are honestly unaware; they can only know what management tells them.
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

No you're not crazy. I looked to see if anyone else was having this issue. I've had items disappear for years now! Because I have 500-600 items in my store I don't even notice it until I see something similar and think...hmmmm. Then, sure enough, I'll go find the item, look in my store and it's gone. I always use the unsold item manager when listings expire and always include all the items unless I put them into my winter/summer inventory. Interesting what chrysylys says about a new program culling items that are "stale". If this is the case why hasn't eBay let us know? Makes no sense to me and it's very frustrating.
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Is there any information on eBay removing stale listings? I haven't seen anything about this anywhere.
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

I have the EXACT same thing happening. I am currently going through everything stored and ready to ship to find out exactly what's missing. So far, 15 items...  

Message 13 of 13
latest reply