cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

listing an item at the request of a buyer

I sold something via ebay and the buyer paid for it.  She paid for it and for the shipping thru the global shipping program. She asked me about another item which I do have that is not listed.  She wants it, wants me to list it for her exclusively and wants me to combine it with the shipping that she has already paid for.  How can I do that?  I've been selling on ebay since 1997 and I've never known that there's a way to do this kind of listing.  And then the global shipping, while I've done it many times, I've never tried to combine two sales into one shipment when the buyer has already paid.  

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: listing an item at the request of a buyer

You can't combine the shipping. The Global Shipping Program won't allow that.

As far as listing, put a higher price on the item and add make an offer. When she offers the agreed upon price, you accept the offer.  Or just list as Buy It Now and hope that no one beats her too it. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@southerneseIf you're using the ebay Global Shipping Program, I would tell her she would need to request to cancel the existing order. You could then create a custom listing that includes both items and the shipping to the ebay shipping center here in the US. Ebay calculates and charges buyers based on the items, weight, dimensions, destination, etc and will not allow you to combine the 2 after she has paid.  ebay also checks for any restrictions or banned items in an order based on the shipping address. Good Luck!

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@heckofagame wrote:

You can't combine the shipping. The Global Shipping Program won't allow that.

You can combine multiple items IF the buyer uses the cart and makes a single payment.

Single items bought and paid for individually cannot be combined via GSP.

@southernese 

You could use a workaround......

Cancel the buyers first order (buyer requested), create a custom listing for both items, send them the link and let them purchase that listing which CAN be sent as one order via GSP.

Just make sure the buyer understands what you want to do and the reason why BEFORE you do anything.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Proceed with the sale and shipping of the item she purchased and paid for, don't cancel it, just apologize that it wasn't up for sale on eBay and too big a hassle to try to get it switched out and cancelled.    You can perhaps offer what she wants at a lesser price or sell it to her directly.   

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I've never found it a hassle to do a little extra legwork to guarantee another sale.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Since you are going through the GSP there is no way to accomplish this. The GSC is the one that sends/sent the buyer the invoice, which they apparently paid. They are also the ones that handle the customs paperwork and the international shipping leg. I am not sure how you would complete the sale of the other item and managed to include it in the shipment at this point nor how the GSP would handle the customs paperwork and the international shipping leg cost for the added weight. It could also possibly push you over the insured value if you are sending it priority mail. 

Depending on the timeline you could do as cstpos suggested and have them request to cancel the sale and then create a new listing for the two items, I would still ship through the GSP, and let the buyer know when you have it up and posted. Provide them with the listing number so they can purchase it quickly and use BIN. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply