cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

just me or u as well on delivery status

just letting you  know  ebay is taking to long to update delivery status as well as carria has item  but if you click on the link  tracking and go stright to the  site it will tell you if delivery was made already  ebay shows nothing so just chk as i always do  all my delivery has been made today but ebay  update been running slow  for past 3 day ..ok  have a grt evening   

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Yes, I've sold 1 mere item and the buyer can't even rely on ebay to promptly notify them upon delivery. This is crucial, because without this timely ebay notification, the package may be sitting in plain site which increases the chance of theft! This would be ebay's fault, as you can't expect a buyer to constantly check for package delivery.  The lack of delivery update has nothing to do with the carrier, it's all on ebay. If one inputs the tracking on the USPS site it shows delivered, while ebay fails to do so. I received a text delivery confirmation from USPS immediately at the time of delivery. In the meantime, zero ebay notification. Ebay needs to get their act together!

View Best Answer in original post

Message 8 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

I just checked and you are correct. Mine are USPS.....and they look like nothing is getting delivered today or tomorrow. I wouldn't say slow....more like no movement in my packages through tracking.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

From a delivery staus persepctive, everything appears normal in ebay. Please remember that ebay's uploads depend on when they receive the tracking updates from the respective carriers. 

Hang tight!

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

I haven't really noticed any slowdowns in the USPS updates. Could be  it's the beginning of the holiday rush and slowdown of the packages?  I do have one package that has been bouncing around Missouri since November 6th. I don't know who is more frustrated - me or the customer. 

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

I checked USPS site and eBay tracking site....everything does not appear normal. Tracking has been delayed if a buyer wants to see if something is being delivered today on eBay site.

My tracking inputs were on  11/10/2023 and I have another priority being delivered today per USPS but it shows no movement other than at the airport sitting.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

The USPS track and confirm has the updated delivery for my shipments. Your right though Ebay tracking is not updating. Ebay seems to be behind at least 1 day on their tracking.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

@gloryglorygifts wrote:

I haven't really noticed any slowdowns in the USPS updates. Could it be it's the beginning of the holiday rush and slowdown of the packages? 

I think what the OP is referring to -- @rovemele-zmdmfp correct me if I'm wrong -- is that eBay is slow on detecting updates to the package status that the carrier is showing on their own website. I've noticed it over the past week or so.

I was checking some recent packages that I had dropped at the Self-Serve Kiosk when the front desk was closed. The SSK will give you a provisional Acceptance scan (which eBay does recognize), but I was looking to see when the actual in-network scan would be done.

A couple of days went by without the eBay tracking updating, but when I went to USPS.com, I found that a couple more scans had occurred in the tracking (an in-network Acceptance followed by an In Transit status after it left the PO) that eBay was still not showing. Refreshing the page did not force eBay to ping USPS for a tracking update.

I think it finally updated overnight, and that is definitely slower than usual. Several other items showed the same lag of updates. Any buyer who doesn't think to check the USPS website itself would be looking at an out-of-date tracking status. 

I've seen similar pokiness in showing a Delivered status long after the USPS themselves showed it as Delivered. No complaints on that so far, presumably because buyers who have received their packages are not likely to go checking the tracking again.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Yes, I've sold 1 mere item and the buyer can't even rely on ebay to promptly notify them upon delivery. This is crucial, because without this timely ebay notification, the package may be sitting in plain site which increases the chance of theft! This would be ebay's fault, as you can't expect a buyer to constantly check for package delivery.  The lack of delivery update has nothing to do with the carrier, it's all on ebay. If one inputs the tracking on the USPS site it shows delivered, while ebay fails to do so. I received a text delivery confirmation from USPS immediately at the time of delivery. In the meantime, zero ebay notification. Ebay needs to get their act together!

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

@rovemele-zmdmfp 

Mine too, looks like 1 of my packages is still hanging out in Vegas, come on,  I'm just up the road!!!!

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Yes I have noticed that as well, I always keep a close eye on my delivery status, & ebay has been late with updates!

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

correct it ebay   not post office there satus is on  point  they  need to fix that a.s.p

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

very  true   not a good think  lots of sellers and buyers depend on that  but for now   we must go make sure satus is correct

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

im hanging tight and thought it was not deliver a day later  finaly   got a good update  24 hr to hang tight  is not   good 

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

That's what I'm referring to. If the USPS is slow in updating the system then ebay will be as well. I don't see a lag in my ebay updates, nor in the deliveries to customers. 

Message 14 of 14
latest reply