cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

just another DEAD, NO SALE day!!!!

out of over 600 items listed, i'm lucky to see 1 sale a day after averaging 6-10 a day !!!! The rare times I do sell something on an auction, the buyer doesn't pay!!!  SOMETHING IS WRONG HERE!!!

Message 1 of 165
latest reply
164 REPLIES 164

@escuintla wrote:

Not at all. Why?

Carne is a Portuguese word and there are quite a few Portuguese in CA. Course, it could be another language too but just thought I'd ask.

Thanks.

Message 91 of 165
latest reply

It definitely depends on what you're selling to say for certain why something is slow. Yes, I only have a feedback score of 3, but this is my second account to dedicate to video game related transactions only. So yes, I know what I'm talking about. I mean just think about what I'm selling, it's summer time, it's hot out, people are out and about doing a lot of things. Swimming pools, amusement parks, camping, vacations, ect., ect., so people aren't sitting at home anywhere near as much as the other seasons. What I'm selling pretty much requires you to sit at home. Back in Nov. (holiday's obvoisly) all the way through the end of Feb. I was getting a lot of business and doing fairly well. I was laid off, and at that time, I was actually able to make ends meet by doing this. Now, the same Xbox 360 I sold in Jan., Feb. for $200, I'm barely getting over $100 for now. So yes and no, seasons either will have no effect at all, or they will have everything to do with sales. Depends on what you're offering. 

Message 92 of 165
latest reply

Traditionally July is always a really bad month, a lot of people go on vacation.  Combine that with eBay's security / google issues and it's a dead month.  Horrible.

August is usually pretty good for me though.

Message 93 of 165
latest reply

@monty422422 wrote:

@escuintla wrote:

Not at all. Why?

Carne is a Portuguese word and there are quite a few Portuguese in CA. Course, it could be another language too but just thought I'd ask.

Thanks.

Carne asada? So frequently used in the Mexican community. First plate: Tacos de carne asada.

By the way, I live close to Alum Rock Ave. in San Jose CA. There's a Portuguese community by Alum Rock, King St and parallel streets.

Remember, Portuguese has some Spanish/Italian words in there.

Take care!

latest reply

"BePatient.........."

I've been patient for well over two years....our voices fall on deaf ears and when we do voice a "post" to get help or support or sheer compassion from othe sellers we run the rish of retaliation! which is why some sellers use a separate id for posting questions/comments to the discussion boards.............

I am on my third go round in rebuilding my store.........................

two and a half years ago ....Ebay development personally called me to removed a sentence out of my listing description in ALL my 1200 listings at the time (back then bulk listing DID not work to do this). They were implementing the shopping cart and they did not want to see the sentence "check out my store for other great....." as they said the words "check out" would confuse the buyer? Bulk edit they said....bulk edit never worked!!!! They gave me an impossible 24 hour deadline to individually edit all items ...or they would delete my items....Delete they did! 

AGAIN Ebay deleted my entire store....over 1700 listing in my store and then called it a "computer glche" in Oct 2012...so I had to rebuild my store again!

And AGAIN  a few days ago ......on July 10th they deleted 2077 store listings AS I was actively relisting!!!! AND speaking to a potential buyer about an item via messages. The buyer emailed me and said "what happened all your items are gone?" So AGAIN I spend hours on the phone with Ebay and AGAIN they call it a "computer gliche".

There are countless and a vast array of things that we selllers have been patient with over the past two years! If I had any more patience I would NOT have a pulse!

Message 95 of 165
latest reply

art....

did you use one of the web store hosting sites?

Message 96 of 165
latest reply

Hi Treasures I have a Shopify Store which is my main site and yes I have some items on webstore but not much luck there.

eBay has always been busy for me until this year. I do sell a few things on Bidstart. If you sell collectibles it might be worth a look.

Message 97 of 165
latest reply

Very well said. I totally agree. The July 15th stock performance was not great. The company being rated a C+ financially tells you that. I really hope someone from ebay at the top realizes how many people will give up, before paying fees for no sales.

Message 98 of 165
latest reply

I know what you mean.  I'm getting dinged for the strangest things, having to call ebay to close cases that were opened in ERROR on ebay's part. So many other problems, I have already moved to Amazon, Newegg, Sears, Rakuten, but I also keep my ebay stores.  It's just too much strees trying to appease the randomness of eBay's crazy policies etc.

Message 99 of 165
latest reply

wow , that's super useful, that chart explains a lot!

Message 100 of 165
latest reply

going on almost 3 months since i posted this thread and things are still LOUSY!!!!!  can't understand it!!!!  600+ items of all different kinds of things and i'm lucky now if i get 1 sale a day!  PATHETIC and there is something going on with EBAY behind the scenes.....they are black listing me!!!

Message 101 of 165
latest reply

Pathetic Yes!

We all know exactly what you are saying

....and like the Gid-man said earlier..."it's just the tip of the iceberg."

I feel bad for the Holiday Sellers this year.

Message 102 of 165
latest reply

Rest in Peace eBay!

Message 103 of 165
latest reply

This is the absolute worst week in my 13 years on ebay. I checked my sales reports and I'm down 80% from last year. This is a ghost town.
Message 104 of 165
latest reply

I know how you feel. Sales have been few and far between.

Our TRS is rather amusing. Don't we really have to sell stuff to be TRS?

Come on eBay please turn on the servers.

Message 105 of 165
latest reply