cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is there still a page that lists comparable prices for items to suggest more competitive prices?

is there still a page that lists comparable prices for items to suggest more competitive prices?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: is there still a page that lists comparable prices for items to suggest more competitive prices?

The best way I've personally used to find competitive prices is to do an eBay search for a particular item you may be planning on listing (or buying), and all the comparables that are currently listed will come up. Then you can sort them by lowest price to highest, etc. and easily drill down from there and decide on a listing price for your item, or see the best deal for you if you're buying.

Cheers, Duffy

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Re: is there still a page that lists comparable prices for items to suggest more competitive prices?

Thanks, I always do that, but there used to be a part of the dashboard or somewhere else that listed your items with a "suggested" more competitive price based on others on the platform, I would assume using the UPC. That made it quick to tell if others had changed prices or if someone had undercut me and I needed to adjust. I haven't used that tool for probably a couple of years because I've been tunnel vision focused on getting my family moved out of California. Now that we're settled in still-free USA, I'm working to build my sales back up and improve my profitability as well.

Has that tool gone away?

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

We use Terapeak to check pricing for an item.  It is free to all Sellers now - locate it in your Seller Hub.  Gives better data than just checking solds.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@dolfinwriter wrote:

Thanks, I always do that, but there used to be a part of the dashboard or somewhere else that listed your items with a "suggested" more competitive price based on others on the platform, I would assume using the UPC. That made it quick to tell if others had changed prices or if someone had undercut me and I needed to adjust. I haven't used that tool for probably a couple of years because I've been tunnel vision focused on getting my family moved out of California. Now that we're settled in still-free USA, I'm working to build my sales back up and improve my profitability as well.

Has that tool gone away?

Not sure if the tool has gone away or not, as I never used it.  

Congrats on leaving CA! I did that in 2017 and moved from the Santa Cruz area to still-free Idaho, possibly for reasons similar to yours. My eBay sales have not suffered a bit since putting my store on vacation for 2 weeks during the move and then reopening it. The switch-over to a new location was quite seamless, and the only real difficulty I had was having hundreds of my inventory in a new location at my new home.

Cheers, Duffy

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

(sorry OP...off the topic...)

...everybody with a logical brain and possible conditions is moving away from CA...

...there is still a vast numbers get stuck due to ages, medical matters, jobs...(I'm one of them...)

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Yeah, our oldest boy is still there. GF and job that is paying for his Master's program... ya can't leave something like that. I need to be in my hometown to be closer to my dad who isn't getting around so well anymore, and we were fortunate that we had just reached a place in our life that we could do it financially.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

It is always better to just do your own research by comparing current sold listings here. Most of those other sites are not accurate at all. Even terapeak people always suggest is not very accurate. Also remember the  higher priced sold items many times are never paid for so do not assume.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

It is always better to just do your own research by comparing current sold listings here. 

No argument there. The page I used before was an ebay tool on ebay.com, so no 3rd party tool unless it was something ebay outsourced.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Yes! I agree. It was a very valuable function for buyer's. I used it all the time. So, of course, they did away with it. I never really heard why.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply