cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is anyone else getting frustrated with the auto corrections being made while listing?

A number of times lately, while listing things, eBay automatically changes the words in my title and throughout the lising. They have changed Mossimo to Massimo, the abbreviation mos. to dos, and Sperry to Perry! This is very annoying because it adds two or three more steps to listing and a few times I have missed the changes made by the auto bot! Any way to get rid of this 'helpful' feature?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

is anyone else getting frustrated with the auto corrections being made while listing?

It's your device doing the auto correct, not eBay.

Are you listing via the mobile app or on a desktop/laptop?

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

desktop.It never happened before.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@mamabeardsley wrote:

A number of times lately, while listing things, eBay automatically changes the words in my title and throughout the lising. They have changed Mossimo to Massimo, the abbreviation mos. to dos, and Sperry to Perry! This is very annoying because it adds two or three more steps to listing and a few times I have missed the changes made by the auto bot! Any way to get rid of this 'helpful' feature?

Agree eBay listing never changed anything when I was in the listing page but they did make suggestions and alert in red text...when something was in error or missing like a problem with shipping details..if your using apps...on a phone maybe you can google a thread as to app text errors and see if you get any answers this way...hope it helps...

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Thanks. I'll try using a different computer and see if it makes a difference. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

What browser are you using?  I had to turn it off with Edge.  It was automatically on.  You should able to disable/enable it.  Google should help with the steps.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Interesting. Yes, I am using Google Chrome. 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I am also using Chrome but it only started with the newer selling form. It always wants to check the free shipping box. Even if I un-check it. I think it's the form, not Chrome.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply