cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to print detailed transaction report and see all the info ?

got the info. downloaded into excel in csv format , I can SEE all the info. in my download but can't get it to print  all the info. out . 

would like to have it all on one page and still be able to read it, if that's possible.

Not used to printing these excel files so please excuse my lack of knowledge. 

Tried several diff. ways with the  convertio : html, txt and pdf but that was of no help.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@tatertot2u57 wrote:

got the info. downloaded into excel in csv format , I can SEE all the info. in my download but can't get it to print  all the info. out . 

would like to have it all on one page and still be able to read it, if that's possible.

Tried several diff. ways with the  convertio : html, txt and pdf but that was of no help.

You need to use a spreadsheet program like Excel.

If you don't have Excel you can use Google's Apache Open Office which is free.

Open the .csv file in Excel or Open Office and it will convert to a spreadsheet that you can manipulate any way you want.

I hadn't used Open Office for a long time, I see it's now run by Apache........

https://www.openoffice.org/

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

FYI - .csv = Comma Separated Values, those files are not intended to be read directly although it is possible to manipulate the data manually (a real chore if you don't know what you are doing).

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I find that after opening the file as a spreadsheet I can strip the columns I don't need for accounting and condense the rest into a flexible table.  I don't print anything, but I do make back up copies.  I find it's easier to do all of the calculating on the spreadsheet.  I use Excel but open office is good.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@slippinjimmy wrote:

@tatertot2u57 wrote:

You need to use a spreadsheet program like Excel.

If you don't have Excel you can use Google's Apache Open Office which is free.

Open the .csv file in Excel or Open Office and it will convert to a spreadsheet that you can manipulate any way you want.

I hadn't used Open Office for a long time, I see it's now run by Apache........

https://www.openoffice.org/

I'm sorry but it says it's a   microsoft  csv excel file  so not sure exactly what else to do, spreadsheet wise.

However, it is an unlicensed form of the product and according to the annoying microsoft 365 popups I get when viewing these things  it says most features are disabled because my office product is inactive but I can sign in and use the free web version.  I don't want to use a web version and have all my stuff out there gosh knows where. 

Guess I need to buy the microsoft 365 version for this computer. 

I have NO idea how to manipulate these things for I sure don't know what I'm doing with them. 

This ebay MP stuff is getting more difficult  everyday...I have had to spend wayyy too much time trying to figure it all out but am determined to do it . 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply