how to get approval to use forward-deployed inventory

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: how to get approval to use forward-deployed inventory

@ckimodog wrote:

@accessorize_4u 

What is forward-deployed inventory? Do you mean drop shipping? That is a business platform I would avoid.  Bad and risky business plan and most are usually suspended.  Looks like you're already doing it and having problems if you have to ask here.  You're in Sri Lanka and your orders are allegedly coming out of NY, NY.  If you cannot ship you need to contact your vendor as they are the one's who ship for you.  If they don't ship because they are out of stock or whatever, you will receive demerits on your account that will eventually get you suspended.  Better contact your vendor to see what the problem might be.  No one here can help you. 

Good luck to you. 

It's not the normal type of drop shipping most eBay sellers think of. It is pretty much the service that Amazon offers (FBA) which is a fulfillment model. Fulfillment may include third party owned/controlled inventory OR sellers owned/controlled inventory or a combination of both. It can be used by domestic based sellers or foreign sellers. It is a ubiquitous service used by virtually all major companies both domestic and foreign and there are many permutations depending on the specific markets (not necessarily a "marketplace").

Given the location of the Seller they likely only want to do simple third-party selling with suppliers that utilize forward-deployed in international markets. This is just a slight twist on the "classic" eBay dropshipping model, the twist being that the goods are located in the same country as the intended buyers, often multiple countries.

Generally speaking when it comes to eBay one needs to be sharp on your IT skills as well as product sourcing and merchandising. The wave of Sri Lankan that have landed here over the last couple of years have lots of enthusiasm but lack the critical skills to survive with this type of model.

I  still don't understand the "approval" part, the link posted from eBay Thailand was just an explanation of the service metrics required by eBay for sellers using this business model, really no different than the metrics that apply to US sellers at least as they relate to delivery times.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 8 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Why do you need approval?

Maybe if you added even a tiny bit of information somebody could answer your question.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

How are you going to handle the item location in the listings? 

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

@accessorize_4u 

Actually, I did not know what you are talking about when you said "forward-deployed inventory" so I looked it up.  Generally, it is a business model where you send your inventory to some sort of logistics hub, and they send it to various other warehouses so that you can improve your shipping time.  Amazon FBA (Fulfilment by Amazon) is an example of this that is allowed for eBay sellers. 

While I was reading about that, I ran across this eBay article.  I don't know how old it is, but apparently they were VERY interested in delivery times and sellers were rated accordingly.  Maybe you can find additional links  for that here.  This is for products you own, not a dropshipping from China model. 

https://ebaythailand.co.th/warehouse-service-standard-for-forward-deployed-inventory-read-the-full-p...

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

@accessorize_4u 

What is forward-deployed inventory? Do you mean drop shipping? That is a business platform I would avoid.  Bad and risky business plan and most are usually suspended.  Looks like you're already doing it and having problems if you have to ask here.  You're in Sri Lanka and your orders are allegedly coming out of NY, NY.  If you cannot ship you need to contact your vendor as they are the one's who ship for you.  If they don't ship because they are out of stock or whatever, you will receive demerits on your account that will eventually get you suspended.  Better contact your vendor to see what the problem might be.  No one here can help you. 

Good luck to you. 

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

I bet you he means ... drop shipping.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

@inhawaii 

Yep...out of NY, NY.  

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

@ckimodog wrote:

@accessorize_4u 

Good luck to you. 

It's not the normal type of drop shipping most eBay sellers think of. It is pretty much the service that Amazon offers (FBA) which is a fulfillment model. Fulfillment may include third party owned/controlled inventory OR sellers owned/controlled inventory or a combination of both. It can be used by domestic based sellers or foreign sellers. It is a ubiquitous service used by virtually all major companies both domestic and foreign and there are many permutations depending on the specific markets (not necessarily a "marketplace").

Given the location of the Seller they likely only want to do simple third-party selling with suppliers that utilize forward-deployed in international markets. This is just a slight twist on the "classic" eBay dropshipping model, the twist being that the goods are located in the same country as the intended buyers, often multiple countries.

Generally speaking when it comes to eBay one needs to be sharp on your IT skills as well as product sourcing and merchandising. The wave of Sri Lankan that have landed here over the last couple of years have lots of enthusiasm but lack the critical skills to survive with this type of model.

I  still don't understand the "approval" part, the link posted from eBay Thailand was just an explanation of the service metrics required by eBay for sellers using this business model, really no different than the metrics that apply to US sellers at least as they relate to delivery times.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Yes drop shipping.But not connecting another selling platforms to ebay. I read ebay drop shipping policy and I sell sri lankan local market items on eBay.Thanm you for the informations.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

eBay offers a similar service.  You send your stuff to Kentucky. I don't know how it works.  

Just my Two Cents...
Thank you for being here!
Penny
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

hello sir i just need of soe information

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

@rsa_store 

Contact customer service in your country.  This is a community discussion forum for buyers and sellers, not eBay Inc. 

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Ebay CS probably IS in "Their" country. 

Ebay doesn't want to talk to them either...just like US!

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

@craft-stash 

You seem angry…do you need a hug 🫂 ? 

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

@accessorize_4u   wrote:

how to get approval to use forward-deployed inventory

@accessorize_4u , you don't need approval, actually, but your account does have to meet certain requirements to do this.

Here is a link to the seller requirements to be able to use forward-deployed inventory:

https://www.ebay.com.my/sellercentre/sea-selling-policies/wssp-nov-2020

image.png

For example, an SE-Asian based seller who uses a warehouse in the USA to ship to buyers in the USA. The link has a table showing eBay-approved warehouses that can be used, for example, OrangeConnex.

image.png

Message 15 of 15
latest reply