Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i get my item back after i give a refund

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

You refunded before they sent the item back? The only way is to ask them nicely and send return shipping costs. It's only like a 1% chance you'll ever see it, though. 

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Hi @loretta4886 

Refunds are usually given AFTER the seller receives the item back.  Once refunded ... the buyer is told they do not need to return the item.

• Did you refund the buyer ... or did eBay?
  • Did the buyer indicate they are willing to return the item?

IF the buyer has told you they are willing to return it ... you will have to send them return shipping money through PayPal. 

It is customary for the seller to provide a prepaid shipping label at the time the buyer files a return request.  It can't be done after the fact.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

"...how do i get my item back after i give a refund..."

The keyword here is after.....

You may have missed your opportunity to get your item returned by not following the dispute protocols.....

based on your thread title, if you have already issued the refund BEFORE you received the item back...

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Was there a return filed through ebay?  A few details might help in your situation, otherwise we must guess.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@loretta4886 

Yeah... this is all bad news for you since the word of the day in here is "after."

Is it one of the pieces of jewelry you sold?

Mike

Firesteel Surplus

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

As others eluded to not much to work with here. Which item was it? Did the buyer actually file a request for return, NAD or a CC dispute or did they simply message you asking for a refund? What was the reason they requested a refund?

If they opened an eBay case how did you respond? Most of your listings state seller does not accept returns which is only viable in a remorse return situation. Did you actually do the refund or did eBay refund the buyer in response to a case they may have opened? 

Since you have already refunded and the buyer still has the item (I am guessing) you will probably never get the item back A bit more detail and seller on this forum may be able to provide you with some advice to prevent this from happening again. 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

once i provide i shipping label and refund the buyer what do i do if i never receive money or my item back

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@malapal-59 wrote:

once i provide i shipping label and refund the buyer what do i do if i never receive money or my item back

Once you provide the shipping label for the return, you do not refund unless or until you receive the return. If the buyer does not return the item on that basis you are not required to refund.

Obviously if you refund first then the buyer has no obligation to return the item at all. Hopefully you did not do that...?

Message 9 of 9
latest reply