cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help again with how to handle seller?

help again I just received another message from the same seller that I wrote about 15 minutes ago as I thought i would try to help mediate the situation by saying look there were scratches on the disc and smudges and to please just refund his money. well he wrote me back in caps and bascally called my son a liar and that he didnt know what I was talking about and he said that I wasnt aware of anything and that he is following ebay policy. I am done talking to him.

I cant wait now until ebay resolves this issue he is not a very nice person andd he is not trying to resolve this at all.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Seller may be acting like a goon but he does have the right to ask you to return the disc before refunding. You dont get to keep thedisc and your money at the same time. 

But if the only problem is fingerprint smudges then cant your son just wash the disc? All you need is a little dishwashing liquid & a soft sponge. Dont wipe in circles. Just go from middle to edge & back with the sponge. The soap will dissolve the fingerprints & smudges & stuff. Wipe it with a soft towel the same way you did it with the sponge.

Aside from fingerprints does the disc work okay?

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

No we do not want to keep the disc and get a refund at the same time. I just want my son to be fairly treated. and thank you, we already did that to get the smudges out of the video game disc. again the issue is the scratches not only the smudges in the disc and that he listed item as being in like new condition when obviously it was not. Also he has a very nasty attitude and does not want to resolve anything.  I was trying to diffuse a situation when I wrote to him myself as he couldnt come to an understanding with my son-  I was being respectful and considerate and he responded back in caps and called my son a liar, and he said I dont know what was said when I saw every email message between them and that he does know what I am talking about as far as scratches are concerned. he clearly doesnt want to solve anything.

And no he hasn't triedor played the disc as my son doesnt want this seller to say that my son did the scratches himself or did further damage to the disc then it already is in.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

dont answer him if hes being nasty..contact ebay and tell them.they can c the messages

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

also ebay can get your money back if he refuses refund.better yet u can file with paypal..i got into same thing.they had me return item then give them the tracking number to show he got it back.then paypal immediately refunded me
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

File an "item not as described" case, then follow the steps provided. eBay provides the tool for this reason. No need to get into a back and forth with the seller, don't send additional messages.

Open the INAD (SNAD) case and seller will need to take action and provide a return shipping label. If they don't provide a return shipping label or refund, then you can ask eBay to step in after a few days. It will tell you the date you can escalate. If eBay steps in they will generate a shipping label & charge the seller for it once you send the item back.

After the seller receives the return they have about a week to issue a refund. If they don't issue a refund by the date shown then you can again ask eBay to step in and they will handle it.

Again, don't even bother sending messages back and forth with the seller at this point. Open the case, upload a photo of the scratched disc to the eBay case, and go forward from there.

Edit: Here is a link for the resolution center where you can open the case

https://resolutioncenter.ebay.com/

@momma_michelle

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@momma_michelle wrote:

help again I just received another message from the same seller that I wrote about 15 minutes ago as I thought i would try to help mediate the situation by saying look there were scratches on the disc and smudges and to please just refund his money. well he wrote me back in caps and bascally called my son a liar and that he didnt know what I was talking about and he said that I wasnt aware of anything and that he is following ebay policy. I am done talking to him.

I cant wait now until ebay resolves this issue he is not a very nice person andd he is not trying to resolve this at all.

Althought the 'smudges' can be wiped off, if there are scratches, that's another story. The solution is simple...you open the case and when you can, have it escalated by eBay. You are essentially returning for a refund. If the seller still fights the eBay escalation, then you may get to keep it and get a refund, but that's up to eBay, not you or the seller. Good luck.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply