cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

has anyone else's sales TANKED since adding "does not apply" to their ebay items? Mine sure have!

After spending countless HUNDREDS of hours revising thousands of listings to say  Does Not Apply to most of my handmade items or entering the few UPC code they do have, I have found my reward is in REDUCED SALES.   That's right Ebay... I'd like to thank you for WASTING MY TIME  ... LOTS of my time, only to see my ebay sales TANK.   I am now selling on a daily average 1/4 or LESS of what I normally do!  

Anyone else noticing this?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: has anyone else's sales TANKED since adding "does not apply" to their ebay items? Min

I sell vintage.

99.9999% of my items have do not apply, since there are no UPC codes for those items.

My sales are fine and have been.

I love you forever, Christie! Fly high, precious daughter 1/14/1987-12/20/2016
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Re: has anyone else's sales TANKED since adding "does not apply" to their ebay items? Min

i think it's not the description, but something is really wrong! lots of people concerned about no sales
One sale a day, tomorrow the entire Galaxy!
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Sales fluctuate and tastes change.

Items I sold years ago for $100's rarely bring $20 in today's markets. Collectors tastes moved to other items and older collectors are selling off or their estates are.

EBay does determine search results, some are given better search placement , some are not placed in search every time a search is run.

It's become more of a gamble when buying to resell antiques and collectibles. Even in coins the easy access has cut down on values as rarity becomes more common to find
age is a measure of time , wisdom is the measure of how we used that time
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@debk255 wrote:

After spending countless HUNDREDS of hours revising thousands of listings to say  Does Not Apply to most of my handmade items or entering the few UPC code they do have, I have found my reward is in REDUCED SALES.   That's right Ebay... I'd like to thank you for WASTING MY TIME  ... LOTS of my time, only to see my ebay sales TANK.   I am now selling on a daily average 1/4 or LESS of what I normally do!  

Anyone else noticing this?

no...

i always click on "does not apply"...

not sure why ebay wants such #s when i list a kitchen collectible or some others?

my sales are always the same;

Up & Down...

i no longer try to figure out the reason...

(not good for my mental health)...

i just list more new items...

takes my mind off of it...

letoulousain
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Heck no, my sales tanked overnight sept 2014 when the seller rules started. Had a PERFECTTT record too. All of sudden No views.  But I dont have a drop down, does not apply. I type it in. Its probably your turn to be throttled. Seriously, i dont waste too much time on my listings anymore. It is a WASTE of time, your right. 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

My sales and views are way down, too--and after spending all that time revising listings to comply with the UPC rule. I don't sell much vintage. But I do have a lot of new imports and handicrafts that don't have UPCs. It's possible that these items are getting throttled in favor of UPC items in eBay's new "discount store" model.

Of course, I have no way of knowing if the decline is related to the UPC issue. (My pageviews are still pretty healthy.) The January shipping price hike and the unseasonable warm weather are certainly hurting my sales, along with some shopping cart weirdness that eBay won't own up to.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Yup, **bleep** right. I just dropped ebay after nearly 10 years. What a joke. I've also spent hundreds and hundreds of hours editing listings with their glitch filled **bleep** system. They're going to be responsible for their own demise.  Good luck to you.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Did you go to another platform? If so is it successful. I have thought about switching but don't know if others are as well known as ebay
Message 9 of 9
latest reply