cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ending store membership of deceased person

Now that Ebay reps no longer communicate how. to end stores of dead owner. The crazy automated help just says how to end for a living owner. I need to know where to send death certificate so dues are no longer paid

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: ending store membership of deceased person

If you have an estate or probate attorney, have them send a letter to eBay legal.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

https://www.ebay.com/help/account/changing-account-settings/closing-account?id=4199#contactWay

If you need help closing the account of a deceased eBay member, please contact us instead.

@ryanrobyn Type AGENT in the chat box until you get a live agent.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Also there are no “dues” on eBay.  There are only fees when you sell something.  I’m assuming you had all the credit cards and bank accounts closed.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

I typed Agent 12x and still no help

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

eBay is not like Costco or Sams, there are no membership fees or dues.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

@ryanrobyn wrote:

Send a DM to one of eBay's social CS teams: ebayforbusiness on facebook, ebayforsellers on insta, askebay on X

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

@zip-a-deedoodah wrote:

eBay is not like Costco or Sams, there are no membership fees or dues.

Most likely it's a store subscription, billed monthly.

GLORIOUS!

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

How many months are left on the store subscription? If it's only a few months, it might make sense to just end the subscription early if the early termination fee is low, then close the account. Trade off for your valuable time involved dealing with CS?

GLORIOUS!

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

If nothing else works, try this link:

https://www.ebay.com/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

End all the items so nothing can sell.  Talk to the credit card people who get charged monthly. Someone will help you.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

I'm not sure what sort of "dues" you're referring to.  eBay Sellers pay fees when they list item, when an  item sells, and if they have a Store subscription. Any of those fees outstanding would be owed by the estate. If you know the login for the account, or if you have access to the email address used by the account, you can just end their listings (if any), cancel the Store subscription, and then close the account.

If the seller had a store subscription that was set up for the discounted annual membership, which is billed in monthly installments, you will be charged an "early termination fee" based on the number of months left in the year's commitment.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/creating-managing-listings/ending-listing?id=4146

http://pages.ebay.com/stores/subscriptionterms.html

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

@ryanrobyn wrote:

Scroll to the bottom of this page. Type "agent", then type something else. You may need to open "more options" or type "agent" again.

https://www.ebay.com/help/account/changing-account-settings/closing-account?id=4199#contactWay

Below is my dialog, where I opened "more options" to get to the contact option:

shipscript_1-1706230270411.png

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

The easy and not so right way would be to end all listings the deceased member has and close the bank account that is tied to eBay. But if you have access to the account, cancel the subscription. 

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Just close their bank accounts and ignore the debts, as there is virtually nothing creditors can do to recover

those debts. You can't be directly sued and have no legal liability over a deceased relatives debts. They can sue the estate, but executors have broad authority to decide what happens with that money, and creditors will typically just write the debts off, rather than pursue them.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply