cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay takes away search for COMPLETED listings

I have just noticed ebay just made it harder to search completed listings, now when you do a second search the listings revert back to current auctions so you have to keep selecting "completed" every time. This is extremely annoying.

I am currently preparing to sell products on ebay, in the process I need to do research. I am going through an entire house to decide which to sell and which to donate to Goodwill. I need to find out if products are selling, how much, and what type of listings get sales.

I can't do this if search keeps reverting back to current auctions.
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I guess you'll have to do your research with current listings.

If this is a case where you are trying to decide between selling or donating to Goodwill, I assume we're not talking Rembrandt paintings or gold coins.

It kind'a comes down to giving it away for a tax deduction (I don't even ask for a receipt at Goodwill for donations- the deductions aren't worth anything to me) or selling the stuff for a few dollars.

You may find that saving your energies for packaging and labeling is more productive than researching stuff on eBay.

Mind you, whatever you donate to Goodwill could be your stuff  being listed by someone else next week.

"Fly the Big Ones"
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Try hitting the "back" button before you enter your new search.

If you enter a new search while viewing an item, then yes, it will revert back to active listings.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Ha ha funny, if I had a Rembrandt I'd only ever need to sell one thing on ebay!
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

wrote:

I have just noticed ebay just made it harder to search completed listings, now when you do a second search the listings revert back to current auctions so you have to keep selecting "completed" every time. This is extremely annoying.

This is not happening for me.

My second search remains a "completed" search and "completed" stays selected. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

agree with Lucky, once I'm on solds, I stay there until I change it.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

wrote:

wrote:

This is not happening for me.

My second search remains a "completed" search and "completed" stays selected. 

Ditto, no problems here.  Perhaps the OP is on his phone?  Phones have limited options and the app can be problematic.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply