cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay store change is not an improvement !

Dear ebay,

I talked to an ebay rep 5/17/2018.

My complaint is the "manage store" part of the program is not working.

1. Feature items I have set for "item ending soonest" not working

2. Store presentation I have set for "highest price first" not working

3. Our store logo takes up the whole screen, looks stupid

My store was just fine yesterday morning untill somebody fliped the switch !

ebay you must realize that we are competing with amazon.

Please set my store back to the way I had it set up.

This is the second time this month I have compained about this horrible experience.

Sincerely

Dave

ebay seller since 2001

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: ebay store change is not an improvement !

Internal searches or links are also useless with the new format.  Every search goes to the main store page showing all items.   IMHO, not only is it worse for sellers, but it just made the buyer experience worse as well.  The buyer cannot easily search for similar items in the store, or follow a direct link to companion items.  They're pretty much forced to search from scratch.  At that point, maybe they'll be buying from the same seller, or most probably not.

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Store colors have been replaced by ugly blue bar at top

Search box has been moved so nobody can find it

Sort is set to "nearest first" !

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

Spoiler
It's horrible. I have my store set up so a buyer can enter a group number in store search and see all the photos from the same album - now, instead of showing what the buyer is looking for, it just shows my store home page with the colors and format all wrong and items sorted by Nearest First.

When will this be fixed? My store home page looks terrible!
Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Hey ebay, Monday May 21, my "manage store" is still not working !
Message 5 of 19
latest reply

My store search box is gone as well as custom images. Looks like it's going to be a great summer selling season for folks on other platforms cause it's sure not looking good here!
Message 6 of 19
latest reply

I just checked the manage store tab for my setup and everything is working properly.  I think you might need to clear your cache folder (temp internet files) and then reboot your browser.  Hopefully that will show everythign correctly.  It probably is correct but your are seeing an older cookie version on your computer.  This hopefully will solve many of your problems.

The store logo is actually a banner that you can change often and use to advertise different things or events.  It really is about the norm now for many websites to have this is place.  It gives you more branding which is an important part of having a store.  After looking at your banner you certainly should resize it down to the minimum size.

I am not sure if you will be able to go back to the older version any longer and if you could all stores will use the new format this fall any ways so think about how to make it work better for you.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Manage Store tab is not working correctly. 

I have this setting and my store opens to Nearest First, not Newly Listed. Also, the colors I've selected have been replaced by a blue bar.

Item display settings        Item display:

Gallery View - Newly Listed

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

@4hearts wrote:

Manage Store tab is not working correctly. 

I have this setting and my store opens to Nearest First, not Newly Listed. Also, the colors I've selected have been replaced by a blue bar.

Item display settings        Item display:

Gallery View - Newly Listed

You can get to manage store from two different locations.  I checked both locations just now and they both are leading me to manage my store page.  I am not sure why you or others are having an issue?  Try both locations.

• One tab in located in your seller hub under the selling tools section
  • second tab is located at top right of your banner located on the home page for your store.  You can only see the mange store tab in this location if you are signed into this account.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

I'm not having trouble getting to Manage my Store. I'm saying that the settings I select when i get there are not working.

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

@4hearts wrote:

I'm not having trouble getting to Manage my Store. I'm saying that the settings I select when i get there are not working.

I looked at your store page the blue bar is what you have in place for your banner.  Have you resized anything for this?  You will need to create a banner to the size specs they give you. Max size is 1200px by 270px

I looked at the items you have showing and it looks like you are set up for ending soonest.  You can see this by changing the view from gallery to list.  You can also check what setting you have this on by click the edit store tab (left side bar) from the manage store tab.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

Absolutely NONE of the settings I have in place under Manage My Store | Display Settings are actually being passed to My Store. The CSS settings selected by me are IGNORED, and nothing  but a big blue bar with a tiny, tiny logo is showing. My items are showing, as well as my catagories, but My Store looks like a throwback to GeoCities or MySpace.

Ebay has elected to inflict cookie-cutter mediocrity on sellers who purchase a store subscription.

My premium store is up for renewal in 7 days.

Probably NOT gonna renew.

I'm ̶p̶r̶e̶t̶t̶y̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ certain the lunatics have taken over the asylum.
Message 12 of 19
latest reply

Nope I am not set up for ending soonest - I am set up for Newly Listed.  So it isn't even consistent from one viewer to another! I see Nearest First, you see Ending Soonest - and nobody sees what I wanted - ugh!

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

ditto - and you're right about the lunatics

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

In the past if I change something, click submit, then the store shows the change.

Now it does not.

Even if the browser is closed and cookies cleaned, still not working the way I want it.

Feature items not working and my setting for highest price first not working.

Store logo way to large.

So, **bleep** ?

Dave 

Message 15 of 19
latest reply