cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay overpaid themselves a month ago. I still don't have my money back.

On Jun 2-3 ebay over charged fees on my sales.  On Jun 21, they sent an email admitting they were wrong and said:

"We have resolved the billing issue and apologize for any inconvenience. A credit for incorrect final value fees will appear on the Payment tab in Seller Hub. "

I still don't have my money.  I still don't have a credit.  

So when does this just become ebay stole money from me?

They have already wasted my time just checking to see if ebay did what they said they would do.

How many times has ebay done the same thing to other sellers?

ebay is always in sellers' business telling them how to run their business and they can't take care of their own. 

I just need people to know how ebay is handling their business.  Those about to defend ebay for taking money, that does not belong to them, and not return it with a month, think about your paycheck.  

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: ebay overpaid themselves a month ago. I still don't have my money back.

Question... as you scroll through your Recent Transactions under the Payments tab, do you see an entry that is marked

'Final Value Fee', instead of  'Order', 'Hold', 'Shipping Label', etc.?

I only ask because I was overcharged from a sale on June 3 as well. That's how my credit showed up. Good luck.

Edit: I didn't get an email... only the credit (on 6/11) after eBay caught the FVF overcharge 'glitch'.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@mtgraves7984 

Thank you for your help.  I found the credit on the 11th even though I did not receive the email until the 21st.

Stupid sad part is the amount of time I spent on the phone with CS, after the credit had been issued and the lack of correct information they provided leading to wasted time.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I still don't have my money. I still don't have a credit.

So when does this just become ebay stole money from me?

Go to All Transactions and pick a date range when you received the email.  I got all of mine back.  I agree that eBay's Payments Page should be redesigned.  If it looked like a screen from a 1970s Battlestar Galactica Cylon attack at Athena's station, it still would look better.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply