cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay not sending emails for USPS postage under payment with drawal

Was checking payments and notice a shipping label under payment with the USPS from yesterday, never got an email from ebay about the it. Said package weight 9 oz which was twice the actual weight of 4 oz. When I called ebay she said for some reason unknown I should have got an email and had to give me a link because the sellers hub doesn't have one to look up. Supposedly wrote up a ticket for it but this glitch craziest is getting out of hand.

Now I have to track down and file a report with the USPS, no way would I ever be off twice the weight for a small 1st class package.

Just a heads up FYI, it was just a buck but adds up and can't let the PO get away with it.

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: ebay not sending emails for USPS postage under payment with drawal

UPDATE: file with USPS yesterday and was credited back to my account this afternoon, 

Message 16 of 27
latest reply

I had it happen to me on Etsy. I received an email from the Post office stating they charged me somewhere around $1.50 more for a first class package, stating it weighted 9 oz. I shipped my buyer 2 trading card wax packs they weigh less than an ounce each and I sandwich them in cardboard that weighs less than 1/2 oz then a padded envelope 1/2 an ounce. I have been doing this for a while and the only mistake I could figure I could have made was put the wrong label on it. So after I called the post office and asked them what they are doing and to check it. I contacted my buyer and asked her what she received. She confirmed it was exactly what I sent. So I know the post office is wrong but talking to them is like banging your head against the wall. Is there any way you can get the Post office to just send the item back instead of making erroneous charges.

Message 17 of 27
latest reply

I get a email for every label I print sent to my personal address, along with any other ebay messages. NO ebay doesn't weight my packages but DID withdrawal the underage out of my account without notice. As far as who notifies me whether ebay or PO, should have got one when the money was taken from ebay and for why. Its been since early last year and was an over payment, I can't remember who sent the email.

Message 18 of 27
latest reply

I got a link from ebay, sent email to the USPS with the info about the under payment, the PO refunded me back with 24 hrs, no hassles.

Message 19 of 27
latest reply

A similar situation happened on my account a month or so ago:  I received an email (through eBay) that USPS had determined that a paperback book I had shipped out actually weighed over TWO POUNDS, rather than the 7 ounces which my postal scale had read.  The email provided a link (and phone number) to contact USPS, which I did.  I talked to a LIVE HUMAN BEING at USPS, and explained the problem to her, and she opened a claim for me, assuring me that the filmed record of my package being scanned would be reviewed for any errors.  In the meantime, the alleged short-pay was deducted from my eBay account.

The good news is, after reviewing the USPS filmed record of the under-weigh, USPS determined that I was correct, and refunded the amount taken from my eBay account.

However -- my package never made it to its destination -- tracking still shows "in transit" as of August 14.

So, you win some -- you lose some.

Message 20 of 27
latest reply

I have you a link to the USPS program for this very problem.  Ebay can't possibly know there is a problem until USPS notifies them and directs them to issue a refund to you.

When we were chatting about this earlier in the thread it appears we miscommunicated.  You said you weren't getting emails from Ebay regarding when you created a shipping label.  I suggest that was a setting in your Site Preferences as I never get an email telling me that I've created a label. 

The miscommunication came from you were talking about the email Ebay generates when USPS notifies them of a price discrepancy.  

You likely got the refund faster because you contacted them, they found the issue and processed your refund much quicker than if you had waited for USPS to catch up to it.  They would have, but it would have taken more time.

I'm very glad this worked out for you.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 21 of 27
latest reply

@tsme35 wrote:

I got a link from ebay, sent email to the USPS with the info about the under payment, the PO refunded me back with 24 hrs, no hassles.

You mean your overpayment of shipping charges, which is why you got a refund.

Message 22 of 27
latest reply

What underpayment?

Explain.....

Message 23 of 27
latest reply

@gotta-have-it-collectables wrote:

What underpayment?

Explain.....

They just mistyped it, they meant overpayment as I said in post #22 on this thread.

Message 24 of 27
latest reply

Yea you read it wrong or misunderstood, when the money is withdrawn for a under payment, it shows in under "shipping label" when you do a status search in all transactions 

Message 25 of 27
latest reply

thank you

Message 26 of 27
latest reply

WOW, I hit again, no email, from 10/16 underpayed adjustment for a 1/2 oz lure, this is getting stupid.

Message 27 of 27
latest reply