cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay no longer even tries to stand with the seller -i'm done!

I have been on ebay for 15 years. Sold a book $130 - buyer messages me:  I would like to return because it has highlighting. I say uhhhh no I clearly stated that on the listing so I will not accept a return. so then they wait a couple days and say uhhh it' missing pages. I'm like uhhhh no it's not I spent 25 mts. going end to end to be sure all pages were there! They stated that they did not belive me??? so I call ebay and tell them I will not accept the return. They said "I have to" . then I receive the book back and the buyer ripped out 18 pages.

I was in constant communication w/ebay thru this whole process....

and appeal the return and ebay sides with the buyer I get back a worthless book!!??!! ' ARE YOU KIDDING ME??!! ' this keep happening!

sellers know EXACTLY how to work the system and get to return even when the item is described properly and we as sellers do our part right. I am sick and tired of it!

I plan to have a hugh garage sale and get rid of my inventory because I will no longer sell on ebay.

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

You are correct in that buyers can/will damage an item, claim as SNAD to be able to return the item at no cost to them or to defeat a "no return" policy.

You  might have gotten the book back intact if you'd accepted the return in the beginning.......... 

Selling on line is risky.......we don't have shoplifters in the same sense as B & M, but the end result can be the same........the seller loses............

Message 2 of 32
latest reply

"I plan to have a hugh garage sale and get rid of my inventory because I will no longer sell on ebay."

--------

You have thousands of feedback and thousands of sale?

And you wish to quit because of one faulty return?

?

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 3 of 32
latest reply

@ruthiesboutique wrote:

I have been on ebay for 15 years. Sold a book $130 - 

They probably found out they could have gotten the same book for less then $10.00.

Sometimes it better to just take the return and move on.

Have a great day
Message 4 of 32
latest reply

@ruthiesboutique wrote:

I was in constant communication w/ebay thru this whole process....

and appeal the return and ebay sides with the buyer I get back a worthless book!!??!! ' ARE YOU KIDDING ME??!! ' this keep happening!

Yeah, these days on eBay, unless you list with "for parts or repair" then a no returns policy is difficult to enforce.

I'm pretty convinced that eBay's vision is to give buyers the most liberal return environment in America.  And why not?  It doesn't cost them anything ... it costs the sellers.

So, sellers either need to embraceand account for this liberal returns environment, or move on.

Message 5 of 32
latest reply

@kensgiftshop wrote:

They probably found out they could have gotten the same book for less then $10.00.  Sometimes it better to just take the return and move on. 

No doubt. There is one for $3 or best offer and it includes free shipping. Who in their right mind would pay $130 let alone list it for that much. WOW. Even though it's not a good excuse, it had to have been a mistake on the buyer's part.

Message 6 of 32
latest reply

in your dicussions with eBay, did you mention your suspicion regarding the buyer's sudden "missing pages" claim? seems obvious at that point the buyer was determined to send the book back no matter how he/she had to do it (ie: just making stuff up as they went along). 

Message 7 of 32
latest reply

I don't ever recall a time when they tried to stand with the seller.

Message 8 of 32
latest reply

@hbidmeister wrote:

in your dicussions with eBay, did you mention your suspicion regarding the buyer's sudden "missing pages" claim? seems obvious at that point the buyer was determined to send the book back no matter how he/she had to do it (ie: just making stuff up as they went along). 

that would just fall on deaf ears. No point even wasting ones breath.

All the seller can do is report the buyer for abusing the MBG, and even that may be a waste of keyboard time.

Sad part is that the buyer did not know that they did not need to tear the pages out to get the refund.

Message 9 of 32
latest reply

The PDFs are cheap.  The spiral bounds aren't.

I think it stinks that the OP had this happen to them, but it wouldn't be a reason to quit selling when they sell as much as they do.

Message 10 of 32
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

@kensgiftshop wrote:

They probably found out they could have gotten the same book for less then $10.00.  Sometimes it better to just take the return and move on. 

No doubt. There is one for $3 or best offer and it includes free shipping. Who in their right mind would pay $130 let alone list it for that much. WOW. Even though it's not a good excuse, it had to have been a mistake on the buyer's part.

Some are not selling the "book". Just a (PDF). Some do not say which it is.

$3 with free shipping for a hard cover book would be selling at a loss.

Message 11 of 32
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

You are correct in that buyers can/will damage an item, claim as SNAD to be able to return the item at no cost to them or to defeat a "no return" policy.

You  might have gotten the book back intact if you'd accepted the return in the beginning.......... 

Selling on line is risky.......we don't have shoplifters in the same sense as B & M, but the end result can be the same........the seller loses............

And as with my platinum ring / paper weight, buyers are going to find a way to return an item one way or another.  And some will even damage it to prove theirpoint.

That is when I learned to just accept the return so that at least I will get my item back in one piece.

Message 12 of 32
latest reply

@hbidmeister wrote:

How do you prove to ebay the pages are actually missing and who ripped them out?

Message 13 of 32
latest reply

Buyer may have made a copy of the book before sending back.

Message 14 of 32
latest reply

@ruthiesboutique wrote:

I say uhhhh no I clearly stated that on the listing so I will not accept a return

Sorry it happened to you - but there is no ''no return'' option, buyers have the right to return anyway.

If they see ''seller does not accept returns'' - they just claim NAD, defective, not working - and seller must accept the return and pay for shipping back(((

With new return policy (30 days minimum, and auto approval of returns)  small sellers cannot afford return shipping costs. Used stuff like clothes, shoes, books often goes for free use/rent...and comes back in garbage condition, and for your cost

That's why I stopped selling 

Message 15 of 32
latest reply