cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay listened to us! FINALLY! Offers now tell us if buyer used Promoted Listing Standard

Some of us have been asking for this feature for a long time---looks like ebay finally got the message. I received an offer on an item and at the bottom of the note was this:

Screenshot (14).png

I have no idea why the note says "you ad rate may be applied if this offer is accepted" as I can't think of any scenario where it wouldn't be applied, but I'm not going to quibble....

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

ebay listened to us! FINALLY! Offers now tell us if buyer used Promoted Listing Standard

@wastingtime101 wrote:

@valueaddedresource wrote:

As far as ad attribution, yes, that's exactly what it means - it could take up to 3 days to determine if a purchase came from a Promoted Listing so initially it may show as non-PL only to be revised post sale.

I sometimes see ad fees charged at the time of sale and other times I see ad fees charged days later. It's a pretty regular occurrence for me to see delayed ad fee charges.

Thanks @wastingtime101 - disappointing to hear that delayed attribution is still a regular occurrence. Not sure that bodes well for this new test, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques  or anyone else who is part of the test- I'd be interested in what it says if you click "learn more".

Message 31 of 34
latest reply

@valueaddedresource  I'm not sure, I think I had clicked on "learn more" and it just took me to the ebay PL Help Page....BUT...why don't you shoot me an offer (I promise, I'll decline LOL) and hopefully I'm still in the test phase, I'll check and let you know....

Message 32 of 34
latest reply

Thanks to @valueaddedresource for sending me another offer, we can add some info here...I got the offer with no message, but the message eventually appeared (I left the offer page open for a while, and refreshed). So, it took a while, but the same message appeared as before about PLs. This time I clicked the "learn more" button, and it took me to this page, which appears to have new information on PLS and Offers Sent By Buyers through Make An Offer:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/selling-buy-now/adding-best-offer-listing?id=4144#promote...

Accepting a Best Offer when the buyer clicked on your Promoted Listings Standard ad
If you accept a Best Offer price from a buyer who clicked on that listing through your Promoted Listings Standard, you'll be charged an ad fee based on the final sale price. From your Manage Offers page, we'll let you know if the buyer has clicked your ad in the past 30 days and show you what the ad rate was.

This ad rate may be applied to the final sale price if you accept the offer, so keep this in mind when managing offers.

There may be some circumstances where the ad rate displayed isn't applicable, including:

The buyer clicks on your ad again (the applicable ad rate will be the click closest to the sale)

The 30-day attribution window expires once the offer is accepted (no ad fee applied)

Message 33 of 34
latest reply

@valueaddedresource wrote:

I don't disagree in general on your points, but it may be overly optimistic to assume eBay's coding always follows design best practices or the most logical course. 😉

@valueaddedresource 

Truer words were never spoken 🙂 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 34 of 34
latest reply