cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay listened to us! FINALLY! Offers now tell us if buyer used Promoted Listing Standard

Some of us have been asking for this feature for a long time---looks like ebay finally got the message. I received an offer on an item and at the bottom of the note was this:

Screenshot (14).png

I have no idea why the note says "you ad rate may be applied if this offer is accepted" as I can't think of any scenario where it wouldn't be applied, but I'm not going to quibble....

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

ebay listened to us! FINALLY! Offers now tell us if buyer used Promoted Listing Standard

Not outright like that message, but I thought the offers sent to you already sort of said it was promoted.

Does the other promoted listing thing do ads like an auction system (similar to Google/Bing ads)? Possibly it's just a general message to encompass both types of promoted listing systems.

Message 2 of 34
latest reply

@lepke1979 

No. Offers sent by buyers to sellers have never indicated whether a PLS fee would be triggered or not. Sellers have been asking for this pretty much since the beginning of PLS.

This has nothing to do with Pay Per Click ads (Promoted Listings Advanced)

Message 3 of 34
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

@lepke1979 

No. Offers sent by buyers to sellers have never indicated whether a PLS fee would be triggered or not. Sellers have been asking for this pretty much since the beginning of PLS.

This has nothing to do with Pay Per Click ads (Promoted Listings Advanced)

Perhaps I was unknowingly on the beta then. Somehow I just knew the offer was taken from a promoted listing. More than a few times I was surprised it didn't show the promotion fee in payments after they paid. But then it'd show up 5 or 10 minutes later.

And OK on the other. It sounds like how ads might be auctioned off where you'll pay up to some amount, but it will usually be less. But it could also just be a weird way to be general. Either way, good stuff.

Message 4 of 34
latest reply

@lepke1979  Yep, maybe you were in some beta or test. Because most of us certainly weren't being given this info.

Message 5 of 34
latest reply

Thanks for sharing this @my-cottage-books-and-antiques ! Definitely a welcome change - hope they make an official announcement, this really would be good news for sellers!

Message 6 of 34
latest reply

Wonder if this is still being rolled out?  We had an offer yesterday and I do not recall seeing this?

Really wish e-Bay would communicate that things like this are "in-motion", etc.......

Thank you for sharing.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 7 of 34
latest reply

Promoted ads are the biggest money grab on Ebay. They are just making you pay for what they already did for the last 20+ years. But you kinda have to do it, or just leave for another seller site.

Message 8 of 34
latest reply

Oh, this is FANTASTIC news!  Been waiting for years on this!!!  Thanks for posting it.  

I'm a little confused though, as you say "I received an offer", so I guess that must mean you have BO?  Do you send offers? 

I'm looking for this when I SEND OFFERS, as I never receive them, unless they're unsolicited.  I wonder if, as usual, Ebay implemented something we want, but not in the place sellers are expecting to see it.   Kind of like the Repeat Buyer Memo.  Great to finally have it after 20+ years, but it's not on a screen I ever look at LOL. 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 9 of 34
latest reply

@katzrul15  So did I. It wasn't there then for me either. Until (and unless) they actually announce this, we will continue to guess: test, gradual rollout, or full rollout? 

Message 10 of 34
latest reply

@simply-the-best-for-you Sorry, this is not the fantastic news you've been waiting for. It's the fantastic news many of us who use both Promoted Listings and Make An Offer have been waiting for, but so far it has nothing to do with Seller Initiated Offers.

So, just to be clear, I guess I should have stated: I, as a seller, received an offer from a buyer through the Make An Offer feature on my listing....

Many sellers, especially those working on thinner margins, have wanted this information so they could better decide whether to take the buyer's offer, counter it or decline it. This way, I can know, before I make that decision, whether I'm going to lose some of my profit margin to PLS or not, and if so, how much am I going to lose...

Of course, if a seller doesn't have Make An Offer on his listings, or never uses Promoted Listings Standard, it is not really relevant. But for many sellers, this is welcome news indeed.

Message 11 of 34
latest reply

@katzrul15  So did I. It wasn't there then for me either. Until (and unless) they actually announce this, we will continue to guess: test, gradual rollout, or full rollout? 

tyler@ebay  velvet@ebay  - can you see if you can get some more info about this for us please? Is this currently a limited test or phased rollout and will it eventually apply to seller initiated offers too?

Message 12 of 34
latest reply

Hi @valueaddedresource - I've requested more detail and will update the thread as I hear back. 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 13 of 34
latest reply

Thanks tyler@ebay !

Message 14 of 34
latest reply

@simply-the-best-for-you Sorry, this is not the fantastic news you've been waiting for. It's the fantastic news many of us who use both Promoted Listings and Make An Offer have been waiting for, but so far it has nothing to do with Seller Initiated Offers.

So, just to be clear, I guess I should have stated: I, as a seller, received an offer from a buyer through the Make An Offer feature on my listing....

Many sellers, especially those working on thinner margins, have wanted this information so they could better decide whether to take the buyer's offer, counter it or decline it. This way, I can know, before I make that decision, whether I'm going to lose some of my profit margin to PLS or not, and if so, how much am I going to lose...

Of course, if a seller doesn't have Make An Offer on his listings, or never uses Promoted Listings Standard, it is not really relevant. But for many sellers, this is welcome news indeed.

Yeah, at first I got really excited, then I realized, it's not what *I* have been asking for (& many others).  I'm sorry I sounded so disappointed.  I am happy for you & those who this will help!  I truly am.  But for those of us who use PL Standard & make offers daily (usually many times a day), we have wanted this & asked for this too, from the initial rollout.   As it's important info to have before we MAKE an offer!  

I just got overly excited when I read your news & then realized it wasn't what many of us have been waiting for, but I'm happy for you!  Maybe it means they're closer to making the info avl to those of us who use PL Standard & Send Offers, rather than receive offers, as it would be super helpful to us too, for the exact same reasons it's helpful to you.  

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 15 of 34
latest reply