cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay is broken since June?

Hello.

I am trying to figure out what is going on with ebay lately?

I've been selling since 2002 (this is my other account) and have had top rated plus for several years in a row. I try to treat my customer with respect and fast service.

My problem with ebay is that. When I've listed items I see that my items have ZERO views! I thought to myself "Ok.. maybe it needs to be indexed by their system, give it a day" but it's been weeks like 3 weeks and many items have ZERO VIEWS! How is that possible? I know people are interested in an item since I've sold similar color of that item before for example. If before the re-roll in June I'd get 24-46 views per week now in 3 weeks I have ZERO views!!!

My second concern that, recently I had a buyer a scammer who from the start told me "I ain't going to ship it back and I will get ALL my money" - she already knew how to work "the system" ebay offers. Well, I spent TWO days with ebay reps on the phone and I got my account DINGED! For what you may ask? "For resolved without seller's resolution"! How is that possible? I took MY time out of MY day to sit on the phone with an ebay rep x2 times and work the situation just to get after first phone call "case closed in buyer's favor. Your account is dinged because it was resolved without seller's resolution). The rep told me "wait for 5 business days for ebay to step in). I described my case in detail, the rep saw and read our correspondence and agreed with me 100% then the rep closed the case in buyer's favor immediately after our phone conversation (when she told me to wait for 5 days)!!!

If you choose to hire 3rd world country reps, at least I'd like to speak to someone who understands the situation! And knows what needs to be done!

I am very concerned that my items have ZERO views. Of course who'd buy anything with zero views? Because NOBODY can find it? ebay isn't what it used to be 2-3 years ago! I feel as a small business owner that it's taken the deep dive and is trying to get away from small sellers. Is that so? Please confirm! Thanks!

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: ebay is broken since June?

It has been posted in multiple threads that there is a problem with view counts. I am also a small seller myself, and personally I don't care about the view numbers as long as my items are selling. This can be a slow time of the year (especially with vacations & people transitioning kids & themselves to Summer schedule) and of course the market is oversaturated in some categories (ridiculously so). And no doubt they are favoring buyers because they don't need more small sellers (could use less of those) and very much need more buyers. Are there scammers taking advantage of that? Yes, definitely. I would suggest you search among the threads dealing with view counts/sales as they have a treasure trove of information from more experienced sellers (who may not want to come here and repost all). I wish you all the best. And hopefully view counts will eventually get back to normal soon. 

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@toybranch wrote:

Hello.

I am trying to figure out what is going on with ebay lately?

I've been selling since 2002 (this is my other account) and have had top rated plus for several years in a row. I try to treat my customer with respect and fast service.

My problem with ebay is that. When I've listed items I see that my items have ZERO views! I thought to myself "Ok.. maybe it needs to be indexed by their system, give it a day" but it's been weeks like 3 weeks and many items have ZERO VIEWS! How is that possible? I know people are interested in an item since I've sold similar color of that item before for example. If before the re-roll in June I'd get 24-46 views per week now in 3 weeks I have ZERO views!!!

My second concern that, recently I had a buyer a scammer who from the start told me "I ain't going to ship it back and I will get ALL my money" - she already knew how to work "the system" ebay offers. Well, I spent TWO days with ebay reps on the phone and I got my account DINGED! For what you may ask? "For resolved without seller's resolution"! How is that possible? I took MY time out of MY day to sit on the phone with an ebay rep x2 times and work the situation just to get after first phone call "case closed in buyer's favor. Your account is dinged because it was resolved without seller's resolution). The rep told me "wait for 5 business days for ebay to step in). I described my case in detail, the rep saw and read our correspondence and agreed with me 100% then the rep closed the case in buyer's favor immediately after our phone conversation (when she told me to wait for 5 days)!!!

If you choose to hire 3rd world country reps, at least I'd like to speak to someone who understands the situation! And knows what needs to be done!

I am very concerned that my items have ZERO views. Of course who'd buy anything with zero views? Because NOBODY can find it? ebay isn't what it used to be 2-3 years ago! I feel as a small business owner that it's taken the deep dive and is trying to get away from small sellers. Is that so? Please confirm! Thanks!

Hi @toybranchwe are working on these issues currently and will get a solution in place as soon as possible. I want to clarify that the view/watcher count this is a display issue and this is not affecting the data used to calculate your impressions. We apologize for the trouble and will be sure to add your username to our list of impacted users.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Sorry, but eBay has had MAJOR issues with search & statistics. I have a massive post on here with more information for all the craziness I found. 

EBay is very quick to say that it does not affect search, but does not explain why it's not just views being lost, but also impressions.

If the views are really still there, and the conversion rates are up, how could the amount of sales be down...?

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

@zamo-zuan wrote:

Sorry, but eBay has had MAJOR issues with search & statistics. I have a massive post on here with more information for all the craziness I found. 

EBay is very quick to say that it does not affect search, but does not explain why it's not just views being lost, but also impressions.

If the views are really still there, and the conversion rates are up, how could the amount of sales be down...?

A very valid point.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

eBay is not putting any money into the company.  The first sign of a "failing" business is NOT TO INVEST ANY ADDITIONAL MONEY INTO IT!  I had a previous retail store and you don't invest in advertising or equipment when you know the ship is going down!

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

I had to find new methods of selling.

Trying to get back and get a store.

Not sure they understand the little man and the big prices between selling and shipping.

I have many questions to ask and hope to figure it out this time. I have product of a biger market for now but If I start a store and I do not get customers I loose.

Where and how to do what needs to be done???

I had that problem 2013 and 2014 with zero hits. Will seems to be not changed.

Was it my fault> not sure but only sure of one thing I can not have a store and not have customers.

OHHH!

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Here I fixed your title for you!

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@dtexley3 wrote:

Here I fixed your title for you!

Right.  June of what year?

The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

I had sales prior to June. It was ok. I had views. Now I have NO views on MANY items! It's not just one! How can someone buy something when they can't even see it??? Do I need to pay an additional 20% for ebay to promote it? Pay pay pay pay! More fees, USPS raised prices TWICE this year, ebay raised prices, everyone is raising prices soon I'll be out of business. They dont' raise salary at workplace as often as ebay raises its fees.....

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

You wrote : "And no doubt they are favoring buyers because they don't need more small sellers (could use less of those) and very much need more buyers" Yeah! And that's why more sellers who had 800 items in store and 1000+ jumping ship to other platforms. I personally know 800+ store sellers who made the leap this year because their sales on ebay were just bleh. On top of that ebay allows scammers (buyers) to take advantage of small sellers. And if you think that ebay does NOT need small sellers, you are WRONG!  Because ebay was built on small (basement) sellers. That's ebay's back bone. Wait till Trump will charge China tax on import into America. All those Chinese sellers will stop selling and small American sellers wouldn't return to ebay! ebay could take PRIDE in "making an American dream" 2 years ago I was doing so good, I bought a brand new car etc (thanks to ebay) after their **bleep** changes, the price point per item and the sell through rate have plummeted. I am NOT the only one who's saying that. There are THOUSANDS of sellers like I am. 

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I never thought i would say this, But I think Ebay is going down..  They are no longer fixing anything, Helping anyone, Sales dropping to 0, Employes being let go, Going on long Vacations, Etc. All the signs are Here!

Message 12 of 12
latest reply