cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay is a double talking scam only for the buyer this is bull s--t

I sold an as is item for 1699 the buyer said shipping damage he showed me none ,ebay told him to ship it back instead of waiting for a shipping claim now I cant claim damage ,I sent him 2 labels at 100 each with insurance this time do to his poor packing were destroyed ,again I cant make a claim because if poor packing and mixed up labels he put the wrong label on the wrong box ,ebay told me I will get 1/2 back ok fine but now they took it all back and I have them on tape saying that they will give me half back I am now finding elsewhere to sell and I will make a youtube video about it with there voices

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

I am assuming you mean $1,699.00? You have more gutts than I .  I realize it's all hindsight for you at this point, but I would NEVER sell something of that [high] value on eBay. You might as well be wearing a bulls-eye target on your wallet. Buyers can be fickle at the least, and  criminal at the worst.... and eBay is far too sketchy a place to be selling something of that value on it. Just my personal opinion.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

In 2003 I sold a $3,500 item on eBay... I would never even think of doing that today. Sadly, eBay's buyer ethics, scruples, and honesty, immunity policies make it prohibitive.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

I firmly believe that most scammers on eBay are unethical resellers. It is their job to steal from others to make a profit on their sales.

Buyers haven’t changed, it’s just the addition of thousands of scheming resellers that are the problem. Those great buyers are still out there if you sell the right things.

Its not like vintage collectibles sellers have just lost their minds and turned into stealing technology resellers. I believe the biggest area of theft and issues is other sellers.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

I agree.... But regardless, they are STILL a buyer first, before they are a (re)seller, and they will still receive the availability of eBay sanctuary. Whether the scammer plans on reselling the item or not is of no concern to eBay, so as far as eBay goes, that's a moot point.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

"I firmly believe that most scammers on eBay are unethical resellers. It is their job to steal from others to make a profit on their sales"

Agreed.

I have been lucky in that I have been stolen from only four times in all my years of selling.

A bit of research told me that it was an eBay seller every time.
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

It is important because decades of board posts have shown that eBay is more likely than usual to side with the seller if they can show that the buyer is a competitor.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

ebay told me I will get 1/2 back ok fine but now they took it all back

eBay policy does indeed say that you can withhold half of the refund if the item arrives in lesser condition than it was sent. But eBay policy also says that you agree to let eBay make the final decision in all Money Back Guarantee cases, which would include a later appeal by the buyer.

I have them on tape saying that they will give me half back I am now finding elsewhere to sell and I will make a youtube video about it with there voices

I would consult with an attorney before you do that. For instance, California is a two-party consent state so unless you specifically notified someone in California that they were being recorded, you may have broken the law.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

When buyer filed the INAD and you wanted to file an insurance claim, you should have refunded the buyer and have them keep the item, then file the claim.

When buyer files an INAD, they shouldn't have to wait for the seller to deal with an insurance claim before they are refunded.

Have a great day
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

@the*dog*ate*my*tablecloth wrote:

It is important because decades of board posts have shown that eBay is more likely than usual to side with the seller if they can show that the buyer is a competitor.

Well, then, ebay should be able to put a halt to much of the scamming on the venue, if that's the case.  I mean, if someone is arrears in their payments, ebay can also locked accounts of relatives or associates of the violator until payment has been made or the case has been remedied.  ebay has no problem associating IP addresses or whatever else it may take. 

Surely, ebay can see if the 'other person' in the claim is a seller, right?

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

All sellers are buyers, and I'm sure most buyers are sellers, ebay is a trading site basically, people buy what they don't have and sell what they don't want. I don't think we can make a sweeping generalization either way as to who the scammers are. What I do know is that there is not enough seller protection and far too many how to get "FREE STUFF on ebay!" videos on the internet. 

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

I agree, however, there ARE things that ebay could do, at no cost other than programming another 'bot, to detect if it is a competitor or a 'reselling buyer' with a history of 'returns' or damage claims or INR  - prior to another 'bot handling the payout.

I have heard that ebay is a cutting edge tech company - well?

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

@hairbag69 wrote:

I sold an as is item 

That was your first mistake.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply