cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay confirms: No Holiday TV ads or videos. Gee, thanks ebay!

https://adage.com/article/podcast-marketers-brief/how-ebay-positioning-itself-holiday-season/2380556

we are told at about minute 9 of the approximately 18 minute interview with ebay's head of Fashion....no TV ads or videos this Holiday Season...

I can't say I'm surprised. 

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

I have been seeing ads on MicroSofts Newsfeed page, there is one currently(as of last night) for Plant Therapy...also saw a few others...

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

Am surprised they did not further "promote" the luxury lines (handbags, watches, high-end sneakers), etc

Especially with the push for the sale of these items and convincing a "buyer" it is vetted and safe on here to buy them.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 17 of 20
latest reply

I saw that as well...to be honest, some of the advertising and campaigning on this site is just ridiculous. For instance; "OH SHIP??" Really ebay?? Did you hire a 6th grader to post this obvious venacular connotation for this ad?  Ebays A&P department is really lacking and obviously they don't care to hire any quality people with experience in this field, so even the TV adds wouldn't be much better.  So the radio and social media ads will have to do, I guess....Happy Selling!!! Thanks for posting. 

Message 18 of 20
latest reply

@katzrul15  Did you listen to the podcast? That's exactly what they are doing...the focus is on the Verticals already being heavily promoted, such as high end sneakers, etc....It's ebay's trickle down theory...buyers who buy $1,000 sneakers will also buy other stuff on the site....

Message 19 of 20
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

I can't say I'm surprised. 

Nor am I. I have never felt that TV advertising worked particularly well for eBay. 

Message 20 of 20
latest reply