cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay changing quantity of my products, causing me to sell more than I have

This has happened a few times lately.
I usually list 1 or 2 less than what I have, so that I don't oversell.  Then, when the listing ends, if I see I have one left, I will relist, and always make sure to change the qty to 1.

But next thing I know, I've sold 2 or 3.  I look, and the listing shows far more than the 1 I wanted to list.

Anyone else experience this?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: ebay changing quantity of my products, causing me to sell more than I have

If you use sell similar, the quantity reverts to the original amount in the listing.

I never use "relist" so don't know if the same thing occurs  with that.

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

But even if I change it before hitting "save"? They just change it back?
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@ramonv wrote:
But even if I change it before hitting "save"? They just change it back?

That I do not know; I don't hit "save" for anything.  I just hit "list" or whatever is on the bottom of the listing while using sell similar.

Perhaps a glitch?  Can someone else help here?

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I will occasionally see the qty revert on a relist, but not very often.  I've reported the occurance to eBay several times.   Sell similar, all the time, it's they way they wrote it and it was a stupid decision.

When relisting more than 25 items I sort by qty and relist all of the items that have a qty of 1, makes it easy to see any that are being reset to the original.

I then relist the few I have with qty > 1 and verify that the counts are correct.  Takes more time, but tends to save my behind in the long run.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@sharingtheland wrote:

If you use sell similar, the quantity reverts to the original amount in the listing.

It doesn't.  I've relisted multi-quantity listings dozens of times and they have always relisted with the proper quantity.  In fact, I've got several up now (the papaya & guava lotion, the magnetic Scrabble tiles, the Dia de Los Muertos duck, and the plush chick) that have had sales and they're all showing the correct quantity.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

We have to make a new listing every time now the past year or so. Ebay has changed something that causes the comuter to hold more cookies.

It will add together shipping, weight and the amount of photos all in the next listing if we dont make a totally new listing. Even if we change those things, we will get people saying our shipping is super high or it will say we can't add more than 12 photos even tho we took the ones from the last listing out.

Sadly you have to make a whole new listing till ebay cares to fix their strong cookies.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@yuzuha wrote:

@sharingtheland wrote:

It doesn't.  I've relisted multi-quantity listings dozens of times and they have always relisted with the proper quantity.  In fact, I've got several up now (the papaya & guava lotion, the magnetic Scrabble tiles, the Dia de Los Muertos duck, and the plush chick) that have had sales and they're all showing the correct quantity.

Multi-quantity, but not multi-variety, right?  Because ecah and every time I've relisted something with variations, it reverts to the original qty if one variation has sold out.
This seems to be a new glicth, where a single, multi qty item has reverted to the original qty when relisted, even though I made sure to make the change.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply