cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay allow sellers MORE photos to INCREASE sales

you can pay for a variety of listing upgrades all of them "descriptive," or you can go premium to get a bump up in the list

why are we still held to 12 photos?

to show more images i have to create collages of two to four to six images per collage because in order to better sell the item(s) i need more than 12 & isn't THAT what ebay wants

ebay says describe describe describe  but....

12 photos too often are not enough while for some of you 12 may be too many it depends on the item but

why isn't there a photo upgrade for "x" more image opportunities

Or here's a clue, just give the sellers 14 photos if they need more they can create collages or pay

PAY? you pay for WORDS i.e. a subtitle or to showcase the title in BOLD

There should be a REASONABLE OPTION for more photos

this has less to do with server size /storage of more photos other FREE platforms allow you

more many more photos  yet the biggest resale ecommerce site  on the planet

cannot provide more options to better sell an item visually in a visual medium

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

if I am buying a like new, used, good, or for part. I have had expected.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

numisnorway
Trailblazer

It is a remnant from a time when hosting actually cost money, but ebay didn't remove it because they think they will lose money by doing so..

On a free site i used there are no limits and they accept larger file sizes, but i am sure the cheerleaders have an explanation as to why it has to be this way.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

you can embed more photos in the description, this thread tells how:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-to-Embed-Photos-in-Item-Description/m-p/30492959

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I've had a back and forth with the eBay team regarding just this issue.

I think my issue stemmed from a bad sale, I don't remember, but I told the eBay rep that the pictures are there for everyone to see, especially the buyer and it's their choice whether to purchase the item or not.  The response is that Buyers don't always go according to the pictures but to the description of the actual item.

I told the rep, I'm going to list one item with only pictures and no description and then the very same item with only a description and no pictures and see what happens.  

Ideally, I take as many pictures of an item from every angle and write a description in every language, including braille to avoid anyone saying the item was not as discribed.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-to-Embed-Photos-in-Item-Description/m-p/30492959

Superb read, thanks, Going to try this. I really could use more photo's on some items. Hope it still works.

Thanks

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

The only times the number of photos allowed has come into play, but not stopped a sale, is when I list a group of items in a lot. For example; selling a group of used 6 model railroad cars. Even if they need to be restored or used for parts the limited number of photos, can't really show defects well.

Selling one item, I find it rare that the number allowed is not enough, even for a used items, esp if using the larger photos feature.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@collectfest wrote:

@dhbookds wrote:

Superb read, thanks, Going to try this. I really could use more photo's on some items. Hope it still works.

Thanks

Just ask shipscript if you have any problems.  She really can/will help.....

Message 8 of 8
latest reply