cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
32 REPLIES 32

ebay Open 2022 is Coming--and YOU can apply to host a networking session!

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

devon@ebay   Many of us have never attended a networking session at an ebay Open Online.  It might be helpful if the Community Team actually explained what is involved in hosting such an event. Is it like a chat room, or like a Zoom Call? If one is hosting a session, can one also attend the actual online events, or is one tied up in the Session? 

I'm sure there are other questions, too.

Maybe you guys could provide some insights, rather than just an application that really tells us very little about what is required of a host, or even how a networking session functions.

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques, devon@ebay  I couldn't agree more ... some type of detailed explanation of the process and product the Seller would be supplying would be great.  Additionally, would the Seller be setting up the hosting session from their location or would eBay and the Host would sign in as the Administrator (so to speak) to control the session?!?

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 16 of 33
latest reply

devon@ebay wrote:

@mr_lincoln wrote:

@jewelbiz wrote:

Again asking Is the hosting in person or on Zoom?

velvet@ebay, devon@ebay 

I looked through the application but per @jewelbiz 's question it is not clear if these will be hosted AT eBay open 2022 or online from the Host's designated location (home, local office, etc).

Would one of you be bale to clarify this, I can't ...

Thank you,

Mr. L

Hi @mr_lincoln! To help answer @jewelbiz question for the hosting part it will be online for sellers wanting to apply!  

devon@ebay   My sincere thanks ...

Mr. L

Regards,
Message 17 of 33
latest reply

And Devon@ebay 

Where is the event’s actual location this year?  
I think a zoom like function is very important for those of us who may want to attend & learn new stuff but still try to avoid crowded in person events due to Covid 19.

I used to love going to events, shows, conventions etc., etc. 

Just got back from supermarket where I wore a mask but now 1/2 shoppers don’t bother anymore.

Message 18 of 33
latest reply

@jewelbiz  It is not a live event this year. However, there are three locations that will be hosting in person events, including New York. Here's more information: 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/Announcing-eBay-Open-2022/ba-p/33053282

Message 19 of 33
latest reply

@jewelbiz wrote:

And Devon@ebay 

Where is the event’s actual location this year?  
I think a zoom like function is very important for those of us who may want to attend & learn new stuff but still try to avoid crowded in person events due to Covid 19.

I used to love going to events, shows, conventions etc., etc. 

Just got back from supermarket where I wore a mask but now 1/2 shoppers don’t bother anymore.

That makes perfectly good sense to me @jewelbiz  ...

Regards,
Message 20 of 33
latest reply

I had a feeling eBay hadn't been open at all this year.

Message 21 of 33
latest reply

How do you like that a live event in New York!  Hope it’s NewYorkCity…Manhattan…

I wonder where?

I might have to go…

And it’s only $20….

2 other live events in this country but hey 1 is right here I think…

Any of you all want to join me?

Thank you 🙏 to my cottage for starting this information thread…

Message 22 of 33
latest reply

Of course 1 of the 3 eBay Open 2022 events has to be in New York.

Pix taken tonight of Manhattan with Moon rise 238,900 miles away 7:58 P.M. F5BD017F-C1E1-438D-94EB-6E275FD893FF.jpeg

Message 23 of 33
latest reply

@jewelbiz wrote:

Of course 1 of the 3 eBay Open 2022 events has to be in New York.

Pix taken tonight of Manhattan with Moon rise 238,900 miles away 7:58 P.M. F5BD017F-C1E1-438D-94EB-6E275FD893FF.jpeg

I love it when buildings get that honey glow as the sun is drifting down - we only see it for some weeks in the summer when there's no cloud cover.  It always reminds me of riding home after a long, rough day in the saddle when I was a bike messenger, the streets would finally be quiet and I'd be heading home, tired and peaceful.

But where is the guy who always sleeps on the church porch?

Yeah, I know, off topic.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 24 of 33
latest reply

@jewelbiz 

Awesome pix!!

Thanks for sharing!!

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 25 of 33
latest reply

@jewelbiz  It is not a live event this year. However, there are three locations that will be hosting in person events, including New York. Here's more information: 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/Announcing-eBay-Open-2022/ba-p/33053282

Unfortunately, Ohio is not close to NY, LA or Austin!  Wish they had chosen Chicago as a choice!!  

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 26 of 33
latest reply

Chapeau..

It’s too early for his nightly arrival only being 7:58 P.M. & not his bedtime.

At some time much later he shows up for his night’s sleep 💤 

and then disappears when the sun comes up now he’s gone.

Message 27 of 33
latest reply

devon@ebay   Many of us have never attended a networking session at an ebay Open Online.  It might be helpful if the Community Team actually explained what is involved in hosting such an event. Is it like a chat room, or like a Zoom Call? If one is hosting a session, can one also attend the actual online events, or is one tied up in the Session? 

I'm sure there are other questions, too.

Maybe you guys could provide some insights, rather than just an application that really tells us very little about what is required of a host, or even how a networking session functions.

Hey @my-cottage-books-and-antiques! We are working on getting more details to be able to share with yourself and other members! We are glad to see all the excitement for this years open and we want to make sure everyone has answers to all of their questions!

Devon,
eBay
Message 28 of 33
latest reply

just some fun thoughts!

sessions are only 3 hours long

$20 to attend (you get a gift card and swag, so it looks like a wash+)

cost of gas to get there

$40+ to park per day I would guess easy

food expense.

Hotel expense?

If you can do that, you don't need to be selling on eBay! 

Message 29 of 33
latest reply

@sextons-sweet-deals wrote:

just some fun thoughts!

sessions are only 3 hours long

$20 to attend (you get a gift card and swag, so it looks like a wash+)

cost of gas to get there

$40+ to park per day I would guess easy

food expense.

Hotel expense?

If you can do that, you don't need to be selling on eBay! 

Except selling on eBay isn't mad money for a lot of people - it's their livelihood and they make a good income.  The sessions may only be 3 hours long (which is too bad) but I'll bet any real networking goes on long after hours.

It's easy to stay outside of NYC and take public transpo in - driving isn't necessary.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 30 of 33
latest reply