cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
32 REPLIES 32

ebay Open 2022 is Coming--and YOU can apply to host a networking session!

Is the hosting in person or on Zoom?

Thank you 🙏  babydoll for telling us all about this!

Message 2 of 33
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/What-s-New/Apply-to-host-a-networking-session-at-eBay-Open-2022/ba-p/3...

@mr_lincoln  - you should do one!

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 3 of 33
latest reply

ebay Open 2022 is Coming

Is this a yearly thing, why do we have to try to get eBay open every year?

When did eBay close, since we got eBay open again last year?

Message 4 of 33
latest reply

@katzrul15 wrote:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/What-s-New/Apply-to-host-a-networking-session-at-eBay-Open-2022/ba-p/3...

@katzrul15   Thank you for that vote of confidence ... however, if sales continue to decline what would I have to talk about?

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 5 of 33
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

@katzrul15 wrote:

@katzrul15   Thank you for that vote of confidence ... however, if sales continue to decline what would I have to talk about?

@mr_lincoln 

Trains.  Re-habbing cast iron.  Inventory constraints and alternative strategies.   Repeat Buyers and cultivating same.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Message 6 of 33
latest reply

I went to my seller page and read the announcement. I still don't understand the purpose! 

I'm trying to survive like everyone else and list items from family estate and from my own collection. Why would I spend time communicating / educating / hosting? Is that not what eBay employees are hired for?  

I'm sure this post will grow as others review the announcement

Message 7 of 33
latest reply

@katzrul15 wrote:

@mr_lincoln wrote:

@katzrul15 wrote:

@mr_lincoln 

Trains.  Re-habbing cast iron.  Inventory constraints and alternative strategies.   Repeat Buyers and cultivating same.

@katzrul15   Yes, I am sure I could deliver a very informative networking session on those and other topics ... as well as a short section on making custom size boxes to cut down on buying packing material.  Will have to think about that.

Regards,
Message 8 of 33
latest reply

Again asking Is the hosting in person or on Zoom?

Message 9 of 33
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

Thank you for that vote of confidence ... however, if sales continue to decline what would I have to talk about?

eBayopen.jpeg

Message 10 of 33
latest reply

@jewelbiz wrote:

velvet@ebay, devon@ebay 

I looked through the application but per @jewelbiz 's question it is not clear if these will be hosted AT eBay open 2022 or online from the Host's designated location (home, local office, etc).

Would one of you be bale to clarify this, I can't ...

Thank you,

Mr. L

Regards,
Message 11 of 33
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

@jewelbiz wrote:

velvet@ebay, devon@ebay 

I looked through the application but per @jewelbiz 's question it is not clear if these will be hosted AT eBay open 2022 or online from the Host's designated location (home, local office, etc).

Would one of you be bale to clarify this, I can't ...

Thank you,

Mr. L

Hi @mr_lincoln! To help answer @jewelbiz question for the hosting part it will be online for sellers wanting to apply!  

Devon,
eBay
Message 12 of 33
latest reply

IDK that it would be "Zoom", eBay has used a different platform for eBay Open, not Zoom.  

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 13 of 33
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

@katzrul15 wrote:

@mr_lincoln wrote:

@katzrul15 wrote:

@mr_lincoln 

@katzrul15   Yes, I am sure I could deliver a very informative networking session on those and other topics ... as well as a short section on making custom size boxes to cut down on buying packing material.  Will have to think about that.

@mr_lincoln 

I would watch a session showing me how to build a box from scratchy.  I have zero ability to do so and with the high costs of boxes right now, absolutemente!

You could host a session of how to cultivate repeat buyers.  You are excellent at it and most Sellers cannot figure this piece of the puzzle out and it is critical to online selling success.  I would help you write your power point slides and you could interject your wit and humor as well!

We need interesting ones for once.  There are so many amazing Sellers out there - someone needs to apply for this!

Posting ID Only.......
Message 14 of 33
latest reply

devon@ebay   Many of us have never attended a networking session at an ebay Open Online.  It might be helpful if the Community Team actually explained what is involved in hosting such an event. Is it like a chat room, or like a Zoom Call? If one is hosting a session, can one also attend the actual online events, or is one tied up in the Session? 

I'm sure there are other questions, too.

Maybe you guys could provide some insights, rather than just an application that really tells us very little about what is required of a host, or even how a networking session functions.

Message 15 of 33
latest reply