cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

easy pricing and bulk edit

does anyone know if ebay will be added a 'easy pricing' option to the bulk edit 'edit fields' box option?  

this would be useful for:

- adding easy pricing to all listings, or just selected (to move old stock out)

and for:

removing easy pricing from all listings, or just selected (at seller's discretion)

maybe if ebay would turn control of this default and the usage of the option, more sellers would use and try it favorably

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

@dasarock wrote:

does anyone know if ebay will be added a 'easy pricing' option to the bulk edit 'edit fields' box option?  

No one who uses these boards is privy to what eBay will or will not be adding to any of the existing software.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

@pburn wrote:

@dasarock wrote:

No one who uses these boards is privy to what eBay will or will not be adding to any of the existing software.

i do understand, but there are those who come here and can suggest updates that will benefit both sellers and ebay, and concurrently buyers.  i believe that giving sellers the ability to use this 'easy pricing' will benefit everyone and make it a bit easier.  and the OP is the easiest method for using it that i can think of.

in addition, the more sellers that weigh in here, maybe the more weight the suggestion will have ...

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

I don't know who those people are "who come here and can suggest updates that will benefit both sellers and ebay [sic], and concurrently buyers." Are you talking about eBay community team employees? They don't routinely patrol the discussion boards looking for members' suggestions for editing the software.

"in addition, the more sellers that weigh in here, maybe the more weight the suggestion will have ..."

That's rarely the way eBay works. I think it's happened once--maybe twice.
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

@pburn 

it is worth a try tho, and yes, they do come by once in a while.  this post also acts as a poll as i stated, to see how sellers feel about the OP.  ebay wants sellers to use 'easy pricng'.  this suggestion is a way that may convince sellers to do just that, instead of trying to figure out ways to cancel listings to remove it.  

i personally think that it would be a good tool in seller's toolkit to push older non-selling items.  but not for every listing.  this would allow sellers to choose which listings to apply it to ...

you could weigh in with your thoughts on it too, pburn 🙂

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

EBay Canada is currently soliciting questions and suggestions for Andrea and Rob the top Canadian executives.

You could try posting your suggestion there.

And you can use  the "@" method to contact an employee like trinton within a thread.

BTW, what is "easy pricing"?

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

EBay Canada is currently soliciting questions and suggestions for Andrea and Rob the top Canadian executives.

And you can use  the "@" method to contact an employee like trinton within a thread.

yes i know about the @ sign, but wasn't going to bother asking them to make the suggestion until i had multiple seller responses wanting it.

easy pricing is something ebay has been talking about ... (this may not be exact but i didn't find the link to it easily)  ... after being listed 10 days or so it automatically lowers the Buy It Now price of an item by 5% every five days until it sells

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

aka ebay assisted race to the bottom
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@myjunqueyourtreasure wrote:
aka ebay assisted race to the bottom

Not if seller can control use of it with bulk edit. It's a tool then.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@dasarock wrote:

@reallynicestamps wrote:

yes i know about the @ sign, but wasn't going to bother asking them to make the suggestion until i had multiple seller responses wanting it.

easy pricing is something ebay has been talking about ... (this may not be exact but i didn't find the link to it easily)  ... after being listed 10 days or so it automatically lowers the Buy It Now price of an item by 5% every five days until it sells

OMG... .that sounds so scary. Its exactly the kind of thing ebay would mess up and thousands of sellers would have ebay 'automatically' mark the listing as "easy pricing" and we wouldn't even know it until sales hit...yiks! 

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@findingfinds888

Hence the original post...

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

ebay is already using or testing the easy pricing to many sellers dismay.  seller can disable it, but has to edit each listing individually to see if it has easy pricing the turn it off.  it is a bit convoluted.

however, I believe easy pricing would be a nice tool for a seller to have … if the seller had control of it; via bulk edit.  it could make it very easy for sellers to turn on for older non-selling items to move them.  but it is an option that should and must be in the seller's control and simple and easy to use in bulk listings.  just a yes or no type filter in bulk edit.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply