cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay won't let me upload tracking for an INR claim - anyone else having this problem?

I had a buyer open an INR on an item that was delivered (in/at mailbox) per the USPS tracking.

I have been through this many times, so as usual I copied the USPS tracking and went to paste it in to the appropriate location in the Seller Response page to the INR.

When I got to that part, the space was "grayed" out and would not let me paste the tracking number as I have done many times before.

This message was shown by eBay:

The tracking number cannot be changed once the item is delivered.

This runs counter to all of may past experiences with this (usually simple) response to an INR.

Anyone have any advice or help?

I have to respond by 4/30.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

eBay won't let me upload tracking for an INR claim - anyone else having this problem?

They changed the darn screens again.  IDK why they make this more difficult than they need to be, but sometimes that is exactly what happens.

OK, follow this link.

https://www.ebay.com/sh/resolutions

There you will find the INR.  

From the drop down menu that you can get in the STATUS column, select update Tracking.

The next screen will likely show you the actual tracking number.  I it appears to be correct, click on the Save and Continue icon.

Just because there is some confusion here on this subject.  Ebay use to recommend that on an INR sellers that purchased labels on Ebay did not need to upload the tracking number to INRs since they already have that info.

However in the past several months they have changed their recommendations and suggest seller now do enter and/or verify the tracking number on an INR.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

It's automatically uploaded.  Look at the grayed out box. The number is in there already 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Thank you - is this a change from recent procedures? - the box was blank for me.

Each time I've done it in the past, I have had to re-enter the tracking even though eBay already has it.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@playwithitagaintoys wrote:

It's automatically uploaded.  Look at the grayed out box. The number is in there already 

@knifeaholic Yes, and you trying to manually enter it afterwards, the ebay system is thinking you're trying to add another number not knowing you're actually trying to paste the exact same number they have automatically linked for you. It's been like this way for the last year I think.

For piece of mind, some sellers click the send message option and paste their tracking number in there for redundancy too.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

They changed the darn screens again.  IDK why they make this more difficult than they need to be, but sometimes that is exactly what happens.

OK, follow this link.

https://www.ebay.com/sh/resolutions

There you will find the INR.  

From the drop down menu that you can get in the STATUS column, select update Tracking.

The next screen will likely show you the actual tracking number.  I it appears to be correct, click on the Save and Continue icon.

Just because there is some confusion here on this subject.  Ebay use to recommend that on an INR sellers that purchased labels on Ebay did not need to upload the tracking number to INRs since they already have that info.

However in the past several months they have changed their recommendations and suggest seller now do enter and/or verify the tracking number on an INR.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Same thing just happened to me. The first time I tried I didn't see the number in the grayed out box.  I still tried to enter it on top of the gray. Nothing happened. I went thru the whole process again and this time I did (barely) see the number in the gray box. I pressed send and got a response from ebay that seemed to indicate it went thru. I also got a drop down menu that had an option to add tracking or send a message and one more option. I just sent a message to the buyer. I'm hoping all went as it should.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@allthingsbrooklyn wrote:

Same thing just happened to me. The first time I tried I didn't see the number in the grayed out box.  I still tried to enter it on top of the gray. Nothing happened. I went thru the whole process again and this time I did (barely) see the number in the gray box. I pressed send and got a response from ebay that seemed to indicate it went thru. I also got a drop down menu that had an option to add tracking or send a message and one more option. I just sent a message to the buyer. I'm hoping all went as it should.

Did you try my instructions in the post just above yours?

Message 7 of 7
latest reply