cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay, why are you raising final value fees on store sellers more than non store sellers?

In reference to the Fall 2018 seller update, why is eBay raising the final value fee for media more on store sellers than non store sellers?

Store sellers are going from 9.15% to 12% (a 23% increase) and non store sellers going from 10% to 12% (a 16.6% increase).

eBay, why are you having paid store sellers pay the same 12% fee as nonstore sellers?

eBay, do you believe store paying sellers no longer deserve a break on the media final value fee?

eBay, do you value your store sellers?

eBay, if you value your store sellers, can we tell that by your fees?

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: eBay, why are you raising final value fees on store sellers more than non store sellers?

@divwido wrote:

You left out Amazon's constant need for you to sell cheaper than anyone else.  And their love of pointing that out to buyers.   

That somehow sounds familiar.  Smiley HappySmiley Wink

Message 16 of 22
latest reply

Re: eBay, why are you raising final value fees on store sellers more than non store sellers?

@justin_collection

Store sellers are paying LESS. The cost of the store dropped.

Message 17 of 22
latest reply

For the majority of sellers, costs are going up - not down. To say otherwise is absurd.

Message 18 of 22
latest reply

...why are you raising final value fees on store sellers more than non store sellers?

This reminds me of an old Bud Light commercial... why ask why?

eBay, if you value your store sellers, can we tell that by your fees?

The higher your fees, the more they value you. 

The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.
Message 19 of 22
latest reply

I suspect given a low sell-through category, eBay is trying to clear out the unsaleable.

I don't see how raising FVF is going to fix that.  Sellers will just raise their prices to cover the new fees, which will produce even lower STR. 

If they wanted to clear the listings out, they might try charging an insertion fee instead - that is the way to make items that don't sell go away. 

Message 20 of 22
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

@justin_collection

Store sellers are paying LESS. The cost of the store dropped.

Say what? 

That's not what MY invoice says...

Message 21 of 22
latest reply

I sold both places for many years and it works out almost the same. You get a better price for things over there, but pay 30% fee. Add on the A-Z returns and the ripoff/returns are 4x's Ebay's was my experience. Had a 100% rating on Amazon for many years. Had one guy open a case that just stunk. Item not received on 30'th day after it was confirmed delivered on an $80 item. Dug my heels in and tried to reason with Amazon. They dropped rating to something like 60%, pulled all of my items from all of the desirable categories, and put my account on suspension for 30 days. They make Ebay look like Mother Theresa. Ebay is a dying market for small sellers and has been since at least 2013. You should have already figured out that Ebay does not care about stores. Simply revenue. They made that clear, when they added sponsored search. Start making other plans and do not put to many eggs in Ebay's basket is best advice I can give to anyone.

Message 22 of 22
latest reply