cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay to make changes to search in 2024!

I saw that an eBay moderator said that the search team has seen all the complaints about irrelevant eBay search results and is going to make changes in 2024. 

Wonderful news. It has gotten worse month over month for the last 7 or so years. Sarah decline in showing what people actually type in the box.

What do you think they need to focus on?

Less PL add placement?

less manipulation and more focus on accurate organic results?

I think they finally realized that buyers must use Google to find eBay listings because the dumb AI eBay search engine can't find active ebay listings!

Message 1 of 79
latest reply
78 REPLIES 78

Something has changed, sales patterns way off.  Long long lags between sales or the search manipulation has reached new heights

Message 76 of 79
latest reply

@allstar-comics wrote:

Something has changed, sales patterns way off.  Long long lags between sales or the search manipulation has reached new heights

Something may have changed for you, but that doesn't mean that something changed with the Search engine.  It only means something is affecting your sales.  It could be a multitude of things.  Not enough buyers, problems in Google searches [a large portion of our sales come from Google searches], time of year as tax time is often slower historically, it is a presidential election year which causes uncertainty and will cause people to be much for cautious in their spending, and on and on.  

There are countless reasons this could be happening and it simply doesn't have to be the Search Engine.  Now I have no idea if they have actually made any actual changes to the Search Engine yet this year or if it is still coming. 

2023 was an OK year for sales for me, but certainly nothing to get excited about and 2024 started good, but declined quickly for me.  IDK what the cause of that is, but I personally do not think it was the search engine because 2023 wasn't that much worse than it is now for sales.  I am however just speaking for myself.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 77 of 79
latest reply

We use the search to purchase obsolete items for our customers . My sales staff is fed up with random items that have no relevance to the search item that was entered. This is soooo frustrating

Message 78 of 79
latest reply

never know if the changes will be for the worse as so many of Ebay's selling changes are - all we can do is hope and wait

Message 79 of 79
latest reply