cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay shipping nightmare

I sold an item on eBay. I used eBay international shipping ( as they recommended ) the package was received by the shipper. then no tracking available. I contacted eBay and the buyer. eBay assured me I would NOT loose my money over this. they told me they would contact me with an update. a week later no update. the buyer then asked eBay what was going on , and eBay gave them a full refund and deducted the money from my account. I sold it on eBay, I used eBay shipping, It was accepted by eBay shipping. I guess the only thing I did wrong was trust eBay. and now you can't even call eBay to get someone to explain why I just lost 278.00 dollars.

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: eBay shipping nightmare

I sold to almost every country in the world, without any issues, without ever using the Global Shipping Program. Furthermore, a few times when I bought something from sellers using that scam program, I had to pay unbelievably much more for the shipping and had to wait quite longer to receive the item. Since I realized that, if seller is using that Global Shipping nonsense I don't buy from that seller.

Message 16 of 23
latest reply

We learned that eBay's International Standard Shipping is in fact not an eBay program and they don't provide CS on it. If did use standard and have the tracking number, use a site like ship24.com to track. It provides better information. Standard is horrible. Used twice total disaster will never use again.

Message 17 of 23
latest reply

You have to carefully choose what nations to ship to.  

When I shipped international, I would only sell to Australia, Canada, Japan, and parts of Europe (excluding Britain as their postal system was useless trying to prove delivery of an item).  That's it.  I cut that out when the pandemic hit save Canada.  Once in a while if I get an item I think might sell in a particular country I add international shipping.  But then I print the labels up myself from USPS's website.  

Message 18 of 23
latest reply

I have been selling on eBay for 20 years. I have used BOTH of these programs. BOTH of them have lost my packages and cost me money. they only insure for 100 dollars and I could be sending an item worth 500 dollars. when it's " lost " then I get 100 bucks. that a 400 dollar loss.

Message 19 of 23
latest reply

NO, I clearly state that I used eBay international shipping. please read the post before you tell me what I did or didn't do. Thank you

Message 20 of 23
latest reply

This was threw eBay international program. they lost it from Chicago to Kentucky . it was only going just past Detroit into Canada. it also took them 8 weeks to agree that it was lost.

Message 21 of 23
latest reply

I have been selling world wide for over 20 years. what is your point ?  if it doesn't happen to you ,, it's not happening ?

Message 22 of 23
latest reply

Hope you can sort it out, after 20 years of shipping oversea's you may want to figure out the difference between the GSP program and eBay's International Shipping.

You do not have GSP on any of your listings.

USPS First Class Mail International / First Class Package International Service

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 23 of 23
latest reply