cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay scheduled listing times have changed?

I am in the process of listing  a large group of items tonight, and I want to start writing  them up now, this afternoon, and have then start early this evening. As we all know, no problem with this, simply use the schedule item option on the listing page.

But something has changed on the listing page, on the drop down menu to choose when the auction will start. That drop down used to have the times listed for every minute of the hour, such as 4:01, 4:02, 4:03, 4:04, 4:21, 4:22, 4:23, etc, giving 60 different times to start the listing within each hour.

However, yesterday and today, I noticed the drop down menu for scheduled times has changed, and is only numbered for 15 minute intervals, 4:00, 4:15, 4:30, 4:45, giving only 4 choices for listing within each hour.

I planned on listing 28 seperate lots tonight of historical collectables, but with only 4 times per hour to set them to start (16 slots per evening assuming a prime time of 4 evening hours to shop), there is the possibility that I will have to set some of them to all start at the same time and all end at the exact same time making it very difficult for a buyer to bid on similar items that will be ending within the exact same moment.

Is any one else seeing this on their seller listing page? What a nightmare it would be if hundreds or thousands of eBay auctions are forced to end on these exact 15 minute time intervals within each hour. But thats the way it looks like it is going to happen.

I don't see any option in preferences to control these listing times.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: eBay scheduled listing times have changed?

bookster7 wrote: ... this is the first time I have had to use these 15 minute intervals ....  On my listing page, "Advanced" only allows me to use html codes to enhance the text in the description, nothing to do with times ....

That;s because you are on the Quick version of the listing form, not the Advanced version.   Click on "Save and exit" at the bottom of your draft listing. In the upper-right corner of the next screen there's a link for the Advanced version of the listing form. After you click on that, you can re-open your draft and it will have the regular options including scheulding start times in 1-minute intervals.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 9 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

I have 1 minute intervals on iOS. 

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Windows 10, Chrome
I just tried to Sell Similar 2 different auctions and there was no option to Schedule at all.  I've seen this before.

I then tried to Create Listing, Auction, and there was no option to Schedule at all.

WIndows 10, Edge

On another eBay account, I tried to Sell Similar 2 different auctions and there were all 60 minutes on the Schedule option.

I use the Advanced Listing Tool on both accounts.

@sandyoutlet @Anonymous  Do you know what causes this to happen?

Typos courtesy of Lithium.
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Well, I'm using Firefox Browser. But still, this file that gives only 15 minute intervals is sitting somewhere in ebay's listing software, why is it coming up now? Is it crossing over from eBay Motors or something? Is it a temporary glitch?

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

I’m going with glitch now, implementing a change soon.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

The "scheduled" section in My eBay has always been in 15-minute intervals. However, the Advanced listing form and the bulk editor allow the seller to select a specific hour and minute.

~~C~~
My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

@duchess-at-speakeasy wrote:
The "scheduled" section in My eBay has always been in 15-minute intervals. However, the Advanced listing form and the bulk editor allow the seller to select a specific hour and minute.

~~C~~

I have been on eBay for 17 years and this is the first time I have had to use these 15 minute intervals. And I have used scheduled listings at least several times every month over the past 5 years, and ALWAYS I was offered a 60 minute list of options on the drop down menu.  On my listing page, "Advanced" only allows me to use html codes to enhance the text in the description, nothing to do with times or postage on the lower part of the listing page. Something has definitly changed in the listing pages that are loading from eBay.

I know a few local eBay listers and I am going to send them personal message emails about if they are seeing the 15 minute schedule

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

@loveyourimagination49 wrote:
I’m going with glitch now, implementing a change soon.

It's not a glitch.

The Quick version of the listing form uses 15-minute  intervals in the Scheduler option.

The Advanced version of the listing form offers 1-minute intervals in the Scheduler option.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

bookster7 wrote: ... this is the first time I have had to use these 15 minute intervals ....  On my listing page, "Advanced" only allows me to use html codes to enhance the text in the description, nothing to do with times ....

That;s because you are on the Quick version of the listing form, not the Advanced version.   Click on "Save and exit" at the bottom of your draft listing. In the upper-right corner of the next screen there's a link for the Advanced version of the listing form. After you click on that, you can re-open your draft and it will have the regular options including scheulding start times in 1-minute intervals.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Well  I ended up just listing the items 1 by 1 in real time last night, not using schedule. I tried your advice to start a new listing, to save to drafts, and now the full 60 minute menu is back, just as before. I didn't click on any Quick or Advanced button or link, and I still don't see those on my usual listing page.

I was not using drafts and I very rarely use that anyway. One thing I did notice was that there is a new link in the upper right of the listing page that says "New Customize". Maybe it was a glitch in this new option that was loading the "Quick" menu onto the listing page.

Thanks for all the advice while I stumbled through this.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Yes the times to schedule have change for me to 15 minute choices.  Tough to list a bunch of items because you want people to buy it all.  On the Buy side, same seller had two items I wanted but a few seconds difference does not give enough time to bid on the second one.  I guess for me, I will list a penny and a different item, like a dime at the same time.  Don't like this.  Decreases sells as a seller and buys as a buyer.  I guess Ebay wants to make more money with listing fees.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Did you not read the above comments?  You can get 1-minute intervals on the Scheduler if you switch to the Advanced listing form.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

I feel your pain brother. I just noticed the same thing when deciddd this afternoon to relist unsold records and found the same thing when I tried doing it using my cell phone app as I do not own a computer. The last auction I did in October still allowed the less than 15 minute increments

When I called Ebay they said that the option I wanted was available on the traditional computer site. I don’t know if that is the case but guess I will find out when I go to local library to see 

Ebay keeps changing things that seem to work well enough and I can’t see why they don’t leave it alone

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

May the people at ebay who keep changing things for the worse............I can't say what I want to say here. But it was extreme.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply