cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay's 'new' page views {eyeroll}

My one week auction listings all start on Sunday's and until an hour ago most had 3 to 7 page views. This has always been a helpful number... Until Today.

eBay had another 'great' idea and they're now pretending all listings are a month long and for some reason (?) my 3 to 7 view listings now show 0 to 1 page views.

I don't expect any changes to their 'forward progress' {sic}, I just wanted to be first to complain.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Of course you are not the first to complain. 

Page views really have never meant squat anyway, but complain away if it makes you feel better to spend your time complaining.

Radine

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Thanks... It's easy to see how you became a 'Rockstar'.

Amazing, simply amazing. 🐵

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@vintage_sterling_spoon_rings As @dhbookds mentioned, you are probably seeing a known tech glitch that ebay is working on. However, I do want o clarify something. You said: "eBay had another 'great' idea and they're now pretending all listings are a month long..." No, they aren't. They are (when it's not glitchy) showing view numbers based on a 30 day lookback. Which means if your listing has only been up for two days, they are showing a two day lookback. If it is a GTC listing that has been up for, say, 65 days, they are showing views from the last 30 days, not the full 65 days. 

Previously, they had been showing "lifetime" views....so if a GTC listing rolled over many times, they might be showing a few years worth of view.

You can see some other options as well: 7 days, 90 days, 6 months and 1 year (maybe 2 years, I'm not sure)

Obviously, they need to fix the glitch. But I prefer the 30 day look back...most of my items are long tail GTC listings which often sit a long time.....the total view number is not nearly as useful to me as the 7 day or 30 day number. But other sellers will feel differently I'm sure....

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Thank you 'my-cottage-books-and-antiques' for this information.

My primary beef was the 'number of page views' change.

All my listings are 7 day auctions and therefore all my new / renewed listings start out at '0' every week or they did last week before this newest change...

We'll see. That said, its always good to learn something new.

Thank you.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Not happy about the change- why couldn't they have just added another column and left the "to date" column ? I used those to-date numbers to tell how long a book had been on and if interest was there. Now just about all of our listings have 5 or less views listed ( some with 10 or more watchers) .  Another change that wasn't helpful for sellers I guess....

Roadypig

Message 8 of 8
latest reply