cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay's lack of response to Covid-19 + no current seller protection July 31st 2020

eBay needs to step up and offer more seller protection during a pandemic.

Back on March 24th 2020 eBay sent out an email to sellers stating they would help sellers with deferred fee payments, seller protections, free listings, transit delay updates for shipping companies, and overall piece of mind to help sellers.

Those protections ended in late June.

There are NO seller protections currently in place & the pandemic as far as positive Covid 19 tests are at an all time high. Here in FL. Aprox 10,000 + cases per day. The pandemic is much crazier now than it was when eBay had seller protections in place.

There's been no email from eBay since March 24th and no update or even a mention to its sellers about Covid-19 since March which is mind blowing. Is eBay pretending the pandemic is over or is it just a conflict of interest so they can make more money by sellers receiving lower DSR ratings so eBay doesn't have to pay out Top Rated Seller discounts? eBay can't be silent and simultaneously act like they care about sellers.

Whats more, there's a banner at the top of the USPS website "Alert: Due to limited transportation availability as a result of nationwide COVID-19 impacts, package delivery times may be extended." Most other shipping companies including Fed Ex and UPS have similar messages.

Where is eBay's message to buyers about this same thing? There's NOTHING! I'm constantly explaining to my customers about transit delays because eBay isn't doing their job as a responsible marketplace.

eBay's lack of response to its community is reckless and unfair especially to eBay sellers who are putting their own health on the line to run their businesses during a pandemic, which in turn is how eBay makes money.

It's like saying hey, we had your back... up until the end of June... but now it should be business as usual?

eBay is irrational & out of touch.

Without it's sellers eBay is NOTHING!

eBay should send out an email with an update in terms of seller protections at least for shipping times and order cancellations. They should put a banner on every item's page about shipping/transit delays being possible. eBay should be excusing shipping times and relaxing Seller Performance Standards among other moves as they previously did back in March, April, May, and June. Stop acting like the pandemic is over. It's worse now and sellers are taking on more hurdles than ever with no help from eBay.

eBay is currently being socially irresponsible by not offering seller protections. Veteran eBay sellers expect more from eBay in terms of common sense protection during very difficult times just as eBay expects high standards from its sellers. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: eBay's lack of response to Covid-19 + no current seller protection July 31st 2020

I hear you. I think ebay extended its seller protections. I don't know if they extended all the protections you want, but it seems there is at least some movement on this/these issue(s).

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/Protecting-seller-performance-during-carrier-delays/ba-p...

Posting ID

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: eBay's lack of response to Covid-19 + no current seller protection July 31st 2020

agree!!!

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

eBay is currently being socially irresponsible by not offering seller protections. 

Perhaps eBay expects that after five months, serller should have had time to adapt by now. 

Is it just a conflict of interest so they can make more money by sellers receiving lower DSR ratings so eBay doesn't have to pay out Top Rated Seller discounts

How do low DSR ratings affected Top Rated Seller discounts?

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I hear you. I think ebay extended its seller protections. I don't know if they extended all the protections you want, but it seems there is at least some movement on this/these issue(s).

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/Protecting-seller-performance-during-carrier-delays/ba-p...

Posting ID
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Why would eBay expect that after 5 months of the pandemic, sellers should have had time to adapt by now?

Do you work for eBay? What kind of response is that to a COVID-19 which is a very real and legit CURRENT health issue. It's not in the past, it's here now and where I live in the state of FL aprox 9-10k new positive cases per day.

The pandemic is worse in case you've been living in a cave. Why would eBay "have your back" towards the beginning of the pandemic but now that it's 10 x worse they aren't going to even send so much as an email about anything COVID-19 pandemic related? Unacceptable.

As for how low DSR rathings affect top rated seller discounts maybe try a Google search. 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thanks for the link! I guess the person who posted that never told the eBay customer service reps.

It looks like eBay did extend some protections as the link was posted 7/27/2020.

I've spoken with 3 different CS reps after the date this was posted and none of them mentioned it.

Why didn't they send out an email to let sellers know?!?!??

According to that update by eBay: "We are reinstating shipping defect protections retroactively beginning on July 1st through August 31st."

Message 6 of 6
latest reply