cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay's Payment Management Nightmare!

So I was dumb enough to sign up for this, and since 9/25, I have had $179.94 just sitting in limbo.  Four days and still no payout.  Package was even delivered faster than me being paid.  Keep getting the run around from the customer support.  Anyone having issues?  

Message 1 of 96
latest reply
95 REPLIES 95

Did you update your checking account. Our sales have been way down since the switch
Message 2 of 96
latest reply

I knew this was going to happen, they did state some payments may take 3-5 days or longer. Can you give us a screen shot how the frozen payment looks? Why on earth did you sign up for beta mode? So your buyers can't pay you with PayPal?

Message 3 of 96
latest reply

are your sales down because buyers can't pay you buy paypal?

Message 4 of 96
latest reply

@steohanfloess

Have you entered your banking info so the payments can be transferred?

Do your payments show as "pending"?

Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 5 of 96
latest reply

Astonishing... can you get out? They offered it to me and was relieved that it won't be imposed on me until 2020,they are very vague on details it wasn't even clear that PayPal would be replaced instead of kept along with it and they made it sound like it's going directly into the account was good when you know that's not going to happen it takes 24-? hours .astonishing
Message 6 of 96
latest reply

Check the OPs listings and the 2nd posters listings both in the payment system. The PayPal icon is no where to be seen, only 4 forms of payment.

Message 7 of 96
latest reply

Yes, I had multiple payments go through, the problem is that the one payment for $179.94 is one of the ONLY ones that is stuck in limbo since 9/25. All my other payments did go through and were deposited
Message 8 of 96
latest reply

I don't see what payment method they are using. I actually save quite a bit on the fees that eBay is paying, this isn't my primary source, so the risk was something I considered before opting in. But ALL payments, go through eBay now. At the same time I would NOT recommend this to other people, eBay pretty much has $180 if mine and NO one knows where it is, or why it hasn't posted to my account.
Message 9 of 96
latest reply

Sales are fine, people can pay with Paypal still, it just doesn't get processed through my Paypal, it is processed through eBay. Sales are fine, just getting your money from eBay takes takes A LOT longer. Also customer service is terrible, they really have NO idea why the money is in limbo and hasn't transferred.
Message 10 of 96
latest reply

That is the problem, my $180 isn't even pending, it's still in the "processing" part after 4 days. This buyer has spent $1000s buying from me and Paypal always had the funds in seconds. eBay's Payment is so inept that they can't even process the same payment in 4 days. The buyer already received his package and my money is in limbo. The people running this thing have NO idea why money hasn't cleared. Pretty much getting the run around. All my other payments have cleared and been deposited up to 9/27.
Message 11 of 96
latest reply

I am debating getting out, this is just a train wreck and these people are clueless. The saving are great, I have calculated quite a bit on my sales, it's just so stupid that it takes 2-5 days to get your money vs Paypal getting it to you in seconds. I've had multiple payments post to my bank, but for some reason they lost $180 and then ALL of my transactions from 9/28 that should have cleared today 9/29 DID NOT. These guys are clueless and really couldn't care less.
Message 12 of 96
latest reply

I don't think you can opt out. Can you show us a screen shot how this looks the payment area? I don't think many sellers realize how badly the loss of PayPal instant payments will effect them. Seems you seem to have no way to check the transaction where as with PayPal you just log in and the payment history is easily found.

Message 13 of 96
latest reply

It is easy to see the payments that "pending funds," which makes no sense since Paypal is instant.  This is supposed to take "1 business day" to secure the funds.  Then after that 1st day it moves to a payout page.  At 1300 PST you get an email and a message about them having sent your payment to your bank.  But for some reason, and NO ONE on eBay's side knows why, some payments are stuck in the "processing funds" page.  I have my $180 payment from 9/25 that is still processing funds, which I shipped and it was delivered already, and another $1.05 transaction from 9/26 that is still processing.  I've talked to 4 different people and had a ticket opened, and they said it can take 3-4 days before some yahoo looks at my ticket.  With Paypal I would have had the money in my bank acount, on the 26th, instead I have to hear hollow apologies and excuses.  

Message 14 of 96
latest reply

So for this week, I got $65 in my bank account, and eBay is holding onto $320 that I can't do anything with. So there is that figure. $320 that I CAN'T use to pay bills, buy products, and that I am sure they will be charging me a processing fee in 1 day. Absolutely unacceptable. Stick with Paypal people.
Message 15 of 96
latest reply