cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listing Font Issue

Greetings All:

For about the past month or so, the font selection chosen during listing creation does not stay the same when the listing goes live. The font using for creation is NTR/14 & it changes to Arial/14. Is this happening to anyone else?

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Listing Font Issue

I checked one of your listings using Firefox 31 and the description font is Times New Roman.

Are you viewing the listings with a mobile device or the eBay app? I believe only Arial font is served up in those cases.
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Listing Font Issue

Yeah, I'm having this issue too, fonts randomly changing. I first noticed it a couple of days ago on a movie listing, it made the text really small too, hard to read.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Listing Font Issue

I am viewing & listing on desktop. Some of the older listings, & older listings that are relisted with no changes to the description are still in the TNR font. Also a couple of newer ones did manage to list w/ the chosen TNR.
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Listing Font Issue

Glad to know it's not just me having trouble w/ fonts.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Listing Font Issue

Item number of one with the issue?
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Listing Font Issue

It looks like this listing is Arial and none of the font tags mention TNR. 273679286802

Good night and good luck
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Listing Font Issue

My standard font is ariel/14.  Sometimes i'll notice some of my listings have a stray word/sentence/line/paragraph that is different.  I can usually fix it without any problem. But yeah, i've noticed a problem. 

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Listing Font Issue

I just looked at some of my listings.  Here's an example.  Item 222999323764.

It was made with ariel/14 but look at the last/3rd paragraph.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Listing Font Issue

That's usually what happens while creating the listing, and if I try to fix it by selecting all the Times/14 it will change all the words, but upon listing, 90% of the time lately, it will go back to Ariel/14. If listing or editing several items, since I know the problem is there, I will just keep the Ariel/14 default to save redoing.
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Listing Font Issue

@inhawaii wrote:

I just looked at some of my listings.  Here's an example.  Item 222999323764.

It was made with ariel/14 but look at the last/3rd paragraph.

There are a lot of extraneous html tags in your description. Paste your text into notepad and strip it down to plain text formatting. Delete everything from the html tab on your listing, then paste in the plain text and format it on the rich text tab. The kind of issue you're seeing is usually because you've copy / pasted and made edits so it picks up a lot of extra formatting tags along the way.

Good night and good luck
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Listing Font Issue

^^^^^^^^
This!
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Listing Font Issue

Click the listing you'd like to edit, and on the listing page, double-click the “Item Number” to select it. Press “Ctrl-C” to copy the number (copy and paste cursive font) only -- not any of the letters -- to the clipboard.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply